Triassic fossils in need of ID

Miocene_Mason

So I went to look for an owner of a potential site, I did end up getting an address but no one was home, so I decided to go to a previously unfossiliferous site. With this Gettysburg shale, you look for glossy layers (for some reason these are the layers with fossils. At the major exposure there was none, but under/next to a dirt boat ramp there was about five inch long three inch high outcrop of good stone. Yes, I got some strange looks poking at the ground with my trusty screw driver, but I got some small trinkets to show. I found these lines, most are different size and shape, one looks like the worm itself, although I feel I may be mistaken. Some hollow circles that look almost like crinoid columnals are present as well. This is most of what I found, tell me what you all think. I can take more pictures and provide more information.

IMG_1650.JPG

IMG_1651.JPG

IMG_1652.JPG

IMG_1653.JPG

IMG_1654.JPG

IMG_1655.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1657.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

IMG_1659.JPG

IMG_1660.JPG

IMG_1661.JPG

IMG_1662.JPG

IMG_1663.JPG

IMG_1664.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

Note: there may be some repeats, i was just trying to get every picture before sundown.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

52 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

So I went to look for an owner of a potential site, I did end up getting an address but no one was home, so I decided to go to a previously unfossiliferous site. With this Gettysburg shale, you look for glossy layers (for some reason these are the layers with fossils. At the major exposure there was none, but under/next to a dirt boat ramp there was about five inch long three inch high outcrop of good stone. Yes, I got some strange looks poking at the ground with my trusty screw driver, but I got some small trinkets to show. I found these lines, most are different size and shape, one looks like the worm itself, although I feel I may be mistaken. Some hollow circles that look almost like crinoid columnals are present as well. This is most of what I found, tell me what you all think. I can take more pictures and provide more information.

IMG_1650.JPG

IMG_1651.JPG

IMG_1652.JPG

IMG_1653.JPG

IMG_1654.JPG

IMG_1655.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1657.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

IMG_1659.JPG

IMG_1660.JPG

IMG_1661.JPG

IMG_1662.JPG

IMG_1663.JPG

IMG_1664.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

IMG_1666.JPG

IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

Note: there may be some repeats, i was just trying to get every picture before sundown.

Burrow casts, I think from worms is what they're referred to as. The "crinoid bits" are likely cross sections of burrows.

1 minute ago, EMP said:

Burrow casts, I think from worms is what they're referred to as. The "crinoid bits" are likely cross sections of burrows.

31 minutes ago, ynot said:

Look like borrow cast to Me.

15 minutes ago, westcoast said:

+1 for burrow.

This was my thought as well, I wasn't sure though. Thanks for the confirmations! 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason