Just wondering if anyone knows what this is. It looks like a turtle shell from the top but looks like it was round at one time. 

1497749777041384340005.jpg

Please provide more pictures from other angles and something in the shot to show size/ scale.

It looks like a woeathered concretion to me.  Not a fossil... Sorry to say.

That's ok...sorry to ask and if it's to difficult to explain don't worry about it. But what is a woeathered concretion? I tried googling it won't bring anything up.

That type of concretion forms when there is a void in the rock that fills through time with different minerals.  I call them in-fills to distinguish them from other concretions like breccia.

From some of the angles, your specimen looks like the internal mold of a bivalve, but not from others.

Brent Ashcraft

Thanks for the answers. It's nice knowing what it is even if it didn't turn out to be a fossil. We'll just have to keep looking. Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, Nick T said:

But what is a woeathered concretion? I tried googling it won't bring anything up.

It is two words, weathered and concretion.

Weathered means that it has been exposed to the elements for some time and part of the object has been worn away.

Concretion is a type of rock that often forms in sedimentary rocks. There are several types of concretions.

Just use "concretion" when You google and You should be able to get more information.