Dinomaniac

Like the Psittacosaurus the bones are real and probably a composite and reassembled to this configuration.  The teeth in the skull most likely have been placed in the jaw and the skull might not even belong to the skeleton.  They made it look like a Dromaeosaurid but without very specific locality information there is no way to even guess.  Lots of uncertainty and without careful examination it would be impossible to address the issues.  Photos are inadequate.

Edit: took a closer look at the skull it looks fabricated.

Definitely seems composited. I'm not sure if the fossils themselves are real, the skull doesn't resemble any dromaeosaurid skull I've ever seen.IMG_0181.thumb.JPG.d4d150cbf29a012a5e4ce3a92bf5939d.JPG

50 minutes ago, GeschWhat said:

One big tell on this one is the length of the caudal (tail) vertebrae. I'm no expert, but these look way too long compared to the other vertebrae.

Tails on Dromaeosaurids are pretty long relative to body and the vertebrae are wide and very narrow.  Like I said without careful examination who knows but I still believe these bones are real.  Too hard to replicate and readily available unlike a skull..

Drom-57-DS-b.thumb.jpg.d5170273d96012cd9bab7d0c00bfd0ae.jpg

Archived