Post Oak Creek Micro Vertibra

Tex

My son and I went with the Dallas Paleontology Society to Post Oak Creek Saturday looking for sharks teeth and whatever else. I had my 10X loupe with me. A few times I just picked up a hand full of gravel  and just looked at it with the loupe. 1 time I did that, I noticed this in it. Everyone who looked agreed it was a vertebrae, but what kind is it? a few of us are thinking fish, but I'm not sure. So, ant identification on type of animal and age (being from Post Oak Creek, however, found in the gravel bar) would be appreciated. The scale is millimeters.

Thanks

Mon Jun 19 00-03-48.jpg

Mon Jun 19 00-05-55.jpg

Sun Jun 18 23-59-09.jpg

I'm thinking fish because of the notches in the side of the vertebra which are a characteristic in many fish. I'm not familiar with that site, what other fauna are found in the formation?

By the way I'm no fish expert.

Izak

Difficult to identify because it is heavily abraded. My first guess would be shark or ray.

Thanks folks. After being told about the little micro sharks teeth in the creek and finding some, I started looking into micro paleontology and got rather interested in it, so I was excited to find this. I have a bucket of matrix I got from there last summer that is waiting for me to have time to go through it. I may just put some in a Tupperware bowl or something and mess with it here and there to see what I can find. 

Foozil, the creeks big attention is the sharks teeth, but I've seen post online and in books that show fish and rays as well. Also bits of the little prehistoric horses and a mammoth have been found there, along with bear teeth, Native American artifacts, mussel shells, and who knows what else. If you're familiar with the North Sulphur River, it 1 county west of there.