Carboniferous Flora Fossil Fatigue?

Rockin' Ric

Just when ya'll thought you saw enough Carboniferous Flora Fossils. Hope you guys won't experience Carb fossil fatigue because I don't tire of finding them! Here are some new finds from last Thursday's hunt. Pictures of: Lepidostrobus Cone, Trigonocarpus, Mariopteris Ferns. 3D-2D Calamite Stem Cast, Fern Hash Plates, Lepidostrobophyllum and the newest find....a Paripteris Gigantea leaflet. The fifth picture shows a relatively large Mariopteris fern frond...biggest I've ever seen?

Fos1.thumb.jpg.97dac412b83030dc3735669677383160.jpgFos2.thumb.jpg.88069c6842b49f35c476c6dd3cfc3d8f.jpgFos3.thumb.jpg.6ae1a29d748b92a3d9c8ee944ea07c1e.jpgFos4.thumb.jpg.d34e30340c841f27db4332526039dc67.jpgFos5.thumb.jpg.438386d8525fefb8df1c2ba03561571c.jpgFos6.thumb.jpg.3d2a9bc3fc18a4ac31416ba9cb0c7fcf.jpgFos7.thumb.jpg.ae3ee5599969727f8b6876eaf1f196e5.jpgFos8.thumb.jpg.fb80e6fb209de8a0a8d5ce6db6802466.jpgFos9.thumb.jpg.e0d0b36775b3868396af88f14f525e85.jpgFos10.thumb.jpg.65d5ee2d0c8a94e3ec044453297ab3ae.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!

If history repeats itself, I'm SO getting a dinosaur. ~unknown

www.rockinric81.wixsite.com/fossils

Totally worthless,all of them!!!

never saw such a bunch of ugly fossils in my life.!

Outrageous!

;)

• I found this Informative 1

2 minutes ago, doushantuo said:

Totally worthless,all of them!!!

never saw such a bunch of ugly fossils in my life.!

Outrageous!

;)

:rofl:

I thought the fingernails were the fossils,actually.

Sorry.

The plants are beautiful.

FOM candidates,if not too late??

Say it isn't SO!  There isn't REALLY such a thing as 'Carboniferous Fossil Fatigue' (also known as CFF)...IS there? :o  

Those fossils are exquisite!

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

22 minutes ago, doushantuo said:

I thought the fingernails were the fossils,actually.

Sorry.

The plants are beautiful.

FOM candidates,if not too late??

Thanks Doushantuo! As they say down here in the South...you ain't seen it all yet? I've got 3 more buckets full of fossil finds to clean and post...that includes the fingernails! 

7 minutes ago, Fruitbat said:

Say it isn't SO!  There isn't REALLY such a thing as 'Carboniferous Fossil Fatigue' (also known as CFF)...IS there? :o  

Those fossils are exquisite!

-Joe

Joe, after I'm through showing all the finds from the hot spot...there may have to be that designation of "Carboniferous Fossil Fatigue". After all, who gets tired of seeing fossils from the Carboniferous Period...it's almost like seeing too many shark teeth and who doesn't like those...no one! Thanks for the kind comment!

I really love the contrast and preservation on your Carboniferous flora down there. Really nice!

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Hey Ric, thanks for the latest pics. Very Nice. I enjoy seeing them inspite of them being dead for 300 million years. LOL. 

On a semi-daily basis while taking care of tropical plants in businesses and at residences someone shows me a dead or dying plant or a picture of one that they have asking me how to revive it. I dont mind those questions and have fun seeing them and trying to come up with suggestions on how to care for them if that is even possible. I wish I had a way to resurrect some of those that you are showing us. 

Regards, Chris 

2 hours ago, Plantguy said:

Hey Ric, thanks for the latest pics. Very Nice. I enjoy seeing them inspite of them being dead for 300 million years. LOL. 

On a semi-daily basis while taking care of tropical plants in businesses and at residences someone shows me a dead or dying plant or a picture of one that they have asking me how to revive it. I dont mind those questions and have fun seeing them and trying to come up with suggestions on how to care for them if that is even possible. I wish I had a way to resurrect some of those that you are showing us. 

Regards, Chris 

Not to thread jack, but scientists have germinated seeds from the permafrost!! So cool! 

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

2 hours ago, Plantguy said:

Regards, Chris 

Thanks Chris! Having a green thumb myself and like growing things. Every time I find a Trigonocarpus...I wonder how close I will  get to finding a 3D Seed or seeds...yeah, I know solid stone seeds don't plant and grow, ha, ha!