Ornithopod Skeleton from Niger

Troodon

The Venice skeleton of Ouranosaurus nigeriensis from the Elrhaz Formation at Gadoufaoua, Niger is described in this paper.   A rare Ornithopod from North Africa. There is no agreement on the phylogenetic placement of O. nigeriensis which was not in the scope of this paper but it has been placed as an Iguanodont & Hadrosauroid.  A bit older than the Kem Kem Beds of Morocco but who knows what may pop up with future discoveries.

Bertozzo F, Dalla Vecchia FM, Fabbri M. (2017) The Venice specimen of Ouranosaurus nigeriensis (Dinosauria, Ornithopoda) PeerJ 5:e3403

https://peerj.com/articles/3403/

fig-1-2x.thumb.jpg.80b214b1d4278495603cfd123a1406cd.jpgfig-4-1x.jpg.d98fd40674ecdb053443668db3627bbf.jpgfig-18-1x.jpg.89f1329754e8ab36b73b496eb5eae417.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

I've just got one question, are there any ouranosaurus Fossils in the US? I would love to see one in person!

38 minutes ago, The Speeding Carno said:

I've just got one question, are there any ouranosaurus Fossils in the US? I would love to see one in person!

Their may be replicas in a museums in the States but not aware of any.  Hey Venice is a super vacation destination and this would be a nice side trip. :D  Put it in your bucket list its a pretty cool dino.

Update: Replica mounted the ROM in Toronto 

Edited by Troodon
Added museum

Its a fabulous destination for a fabulous dinosaur! I might end up just going to Toronto though...