FranzBernhard

Thank your very much, abyssunder, for this reference. I will try to unterstand it.

Franz Bernhard

You are welcome! I hope it helps in the good research you made.

According to that thesis (if I remember correctly) Hippurites giganteus (d’Hombres-Firmas, 1838), H. gosaviensis (Douvillé, 1891) are considered Pseudovaccinites giganteus (d’Hombres-Firmas, 1838), Pseudovaccinites zurcheri (Douvillé, 1892), respectively.

" The differentiation between Vaccinites (s.s.) and Pseudovaccinites, apart from Bilotte (1981, 1985) who does agree with the postulates of Sénesse, was little taken into account by later authors, prevailing the use of the name Vaccinites in its broad sense, according to the Toucas classification. Even so, the recent proposal of Rudist classification for the revised Bivalvia volumes of the ‘Treatise on Invertebrate Paleontology’ (Skelton, 2013), collects the distinction between Vaccinites and Pseudovaccinites genera.
 In this work, agreeing on the importance of giving value to systematic to the type of pores, the genus Pseudovaccinites has been used for the forms with reticulated pores in the left valve. "

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

11 hours ago, abyssunder said:

You are welcome! I hope it helps in the good research you made.

According to that thesis (if I remember correctly) Hippurites giganteus (d’Hombres-Firmas, 1838), H. gosaviensis (Douvillé, 1891) are considered Pseudovaccinites giganteus (d’Hombres-Firmas, 1838), Pseudovaccinites zurcheri (Douvillé, 1892), respectively.

" The differentiation between Vaccinites (s.s.) and Pseudovaccinites, apart from Bilotte (1981, 1985) who does agree with the postulates of Sénesse, was little taken into account by later authors, prevailing the use of the name Vaccinites in its broad sense, according to the Toucas classification. Even so, the recent proposal of Rudist classification for the revised Bivalvia volumes of the ‘Treatise on Invertebrate Paleontology’ (Skelton, 2013), collects the distinction between Vaccinites and Pseudovaccinites genera.
 In this work, agreeing on the importance of giving value to systematic to the type of pores, the genus Pseudovaccinites has been used for the forms with reticulated pores in the left valve. "

That is top class information. I applaud you.

Thank you, Franz, westcoast ! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library