Hunting for diamonds looking for something along the way

hobbitfeet

In a month, I will be traveling to the Crater of Diamonds.  For some reason, my mom has a new obsession with finding a diamond.  But I'm hoping to find some fossils around there or along the way in Arkansas, Missouri or even Eastern Oklahoma.  We will be traveling from the St. Louis area, probably taking Interstate 30.  I've already scoured this website and Google for hours and I still haven't found any solid leads.  I'm a member of the Eastern Missouri Society of Paleontology (EMSP) and they weren't any help.  I'm also interested in any good rock shops or fee mining places around (except quartz).  Any help would greatly appreciated.  PM me if you don't wish to have your locations exposed to the public. 

Wow, you're a member of a paleontology club and they couldn't help you out?!

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

there are many crystal mines around Little Rock that allow day diggers in their spoil piles, for a modest fee.

21 hours ago, caldigger said:

Wow, you're a member of a paleontology club and they couldn't help you out?!

I'm a relatively new member so I don't know a lot of people personally and I wasn't sure how to ask.  I posted the question on the facebook page but they didn't give me any clues.