REAL unprepped Moroccan material?

DevonianDigger

Wasn't 100% certain where to put this, so I figured Q&A was as good a place as any.

Does anyone here have access to legit Moroccan trilobite material? Specifically unprepped? Ironically enough, I would actually be more interested in incomplete bugs than guaranteed complete ones. I have never prepped any material from Morocco and would really like to take a crack at it. In a perfect world, someone out there has a source and imports flats of quality material and happens to have a pile of "discards" laying around that they would consider parting with on the cheap. I'm on a budget as I'm trying to upgrade equipment, AGAIN! 

For reasons that are likely obvious to anyone who is into trilobites, I am super interested in getting my hands on some of the gnarly, spiny species out there. But simply purchasing a display piece lacks the romance of having cried over breaking off spines accidentally during prep! :P

I would do unspeakable things for a Walliserops or Comura cephalon, (or something like that.)

Alternatively, I would also be interested in similar bits from Black Cat like Dicranurus.

Thanks in advance guys! I know it's a tall order, but it can't ever hurt to ask, right?

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

Ive seen unprepped material that you're lookimg for on our favorite aution site. The trilobites are typically in the matrix and are split showing both halfs. The price is relatively cheap(around $20-$30). I have also seen BKM trilobites as well. I will find a few of these auctions and PM the links to you so that you can decide if they're what you're looking for. 

EDIT: At the moment, I do not see the trilos you're looking for.

...I'm back.

• 2 weeks later...

@Raggedy Man, sorry I didn't respond to this sooner. Been a busy schedule at the site lately and haven't been on as much as I'd like. I've been on there a few times and I've seen things up for grabs, but I always worry about anything coming from Morocco, I was hoping there was someone through the forum who dealt with it that might have something laying around. I'll keep my eyes peeled on there though as well. Thanks for the response!

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA