Big Brook Fossils ID needed #2

FossilizedJello

Number 5. is most likely some kind of Cyrtodontid bivalve. Could be Whitella.

Nice finds! 

Screenshot_20170623-154636.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It is by no means an irrational fancy that, in a future existence, we shall look upon what we think our present existence, as a dream.”

Edgar Allan Poe

The second thing in matrix is possibly crustacean. Need a sharper image and even a close up of the surface.

Enchodus is a good possibility for the tooth but could also be Xiphactinus. Tooth cross section/shape will help with that ID.

The bivalve is going to be Cretaceous so although it may be related to earlier Crytodontids it will be younger genera.  And despite just being a bivalve it is a great specimen and a good find.

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, MarcusFossils said:

Number 5. is most likely some kind of Cyrtodontid bivalve. Could be Whitella.

Nice finds! 

Screenshot_20170623-154636.png

Certainly seems like it can be a whitella, ill have to do some more research on this when i get a chance. Thanks!

1 hour ago, erose said:

The second thing in matrix is possibly crustacean. Need a sharper image and even a close up of the surface.

Enchodus is a good possibility for the tooth but could also be Xiphactinus. Tooth cross section/shape will help with that ID.

The bivalve is going to be Cretaceous so although it may be related to earlier Crytodontids it will be younger genera.  And despite just being a bivalve it is a great specimen and a good find.

I tried on this photo, hopefully it is a bit clearer, on more observation, say you knock off that growth on top it resembles a crab claw. I think that's what it is. Thanks for the other information. Will do some research.

sdffsdfsdafsad.jpg

I forgot a specimen!

6. Another unknown bone

IMG_4493.jpg

IMG_4494.jpg

Maybe predation tracks on your last bone.

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

10 hours ago, Coco said:

Maybe predation tracks on your last bone.

Coco

Yes, there is another bone on one of the other threads with definite predation marks. Perhaps, a rodent was gnawing on it after it seems.

The Enchodus tooth is a great find. It is an Enchodus gladiolus tooth attached to a piece of the jaw.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

On 6/25/2017 at 10:45 AM, josephstrizhak said:

The Enchodus tooth is a great find. It is an Enchodus gladiolus tooth attached to a piece of the jaw.

Cool, now I know what type and I had no idea there was some jaw in there too!

There are no true drumfish (Perciformes) in the Big Brook fauna. Number 4 is probably a partial tooth of Anomoeodus phaseolus (Pycnodontiformes).