Seeking ID on a vertebra likely from the White River formation in SD

varial

Hi there.  More fossils from the estate sale, this time a vertebra.  I don't know an exact location, but the rest of the lot contains many examples from the Oligocene era, and some have been found to be from the White River formation in the Badlands.  

I don't have much information other than that.  I've done an image search on Google, but there are so many that I am having trouble spotting one that looks similar.  Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

vert1.jpg

vert2.jpg

vert3.jpg

vert4.jpg

vert5.jpg

I wondered that, but I haven't been able to find any examples from an Oreodont that are oblong like this.  All the ones I've seen have been more round.  Not to say it isn't, though.  I just haven't found one to match.

Unfortunately this does not look like typical white river material, and i don't think it is. It looks more dinosaur to me....

Maybe @Troodon can shed more light on this

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

It's not dinosaurian they typically have a box or oval shape cross section, not as oblong.  Not familiar with White River material but my first reaction was mosasaur caudal but that would not be White River

1 hour ago, fossilized6s said:

Unfortunately this does not look like typical white river material, and i don't think it is. It looks more dinosaur to me....

Maybe @Troodon can shed more light on this

42 minutes ago, Troodon said:

It's not dinosaurian they typically have a box or oval shape cross section, not as oblong.  Not familiar with White River material but my first reaction was mosasaur caudal but that would not be White River

Thanks for the input!  That's the unfortunate part of this, the person that owned these didn't have any information on where they were found.  There are a lot of Titanothere and Oreodont parts and pieces along with some Stylemys turtles, so that's about all anyone has had to go on up to this point.  Looking at some photos online, the Mosasaur seems that it could likely be a match.  I'll dig in to that a little more.

I'm not sure what it's from but I'm not seeing Mosasaur. 

• 4 weeks later...

I do see similarities to some of my (presumed) mosasaur vertebrae, but I don't know. 612201791136.thumb.jpg.4815521b524eea741ac35ef79587471a.jpg