Big brook mystery tooth

Vin

Hello all, was wondering if this is a fish tooth or something more interesting? I haven't seen anything like it before, but maybe it's just enchodus again.

Thank you for any help!

IMAG0655_1.jpg

IMAG0649_1.jpg

IMAG0648_1.jpg

IMAG0676_1.jpg

IMAG0678_1.jpg

IMAG0680_1.jpg

Woah, no way! Did I finally find one? It's not entirely straight like the photos suggest, it has a curve to it and many ridges/edges down the side. I'll try to take a few more photos for a more accurate look. 

Thanks again!

Congratulations.....:yay-smiley-1: Its the most rarest of the mosasaur teeth you can find in the NJ brooks..... Its a mosasaurus maximus tooth and you can tell by the way the tooth is faceted. 

• I found this Informative 3

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

Here are a few more views. It would be amazing if it indeed was a mosasaur tooth! Spent ages looking for one without any luck haha

It just didn't look like any of the other mosasaur teeth I have seen others find. I will guess that this is from a small/young animal, and maybe a pterigoid tooth?

IMAG0676_1.jpg

IMAG0678_1.jpg

IMAG0680_1.jpg

That's awesome news! Took so many hours of searching to find it..

How weathered do you guys think it is? Seems to be in decent condition, far from complete but looks like a tooth still!

Huge thank you to everyone who helped ID this.