Ropterus

Birthday trip to Purse

Ropterus

The kids (8 and 5), wanted to surprise my wife for her birthday and take her shark tooth hunting ( fortunately for me, my wife loves doing this!). While Brownies is our favorite spot, because of having the kids along and the cost to get into Brownies right now, we decided to go to Purse. We really like it down there and it's a lot safer for the kids. We ended up doing really well, 576 total teeth. Granted, most of them are small but we had a great time. Found my biggest Otodus so far. Unfortunately it's not complete. Also found 2 pygmy white shark teeth, and a paleohypotodus, both new finds for us. Great trip, great day to be on the water hunting. Just wish we lived closer!

IMG_20170625_074328440_crop_447x556.jpg

Kane

Sounds like you had a great family trip! Also seems like quite a haul of teeth, too. :) 

Fossildude19

Glad you were able to get out and get some teeth. :) 

Thanks for posting. 
Regards,

ynot

Seems like a good place for a BD party.

Nice finds too.

gavialboy

Wow nice finds. 

Darktooth

Nice finds Scott! 576 is quite impressive, but so is 2 Paleo's in one trip! You did very will in my book. Congrats!

Ropterus

Thanks everyone! Best part is watching the kids get into it, and get excited when they find one bigger than usual. This is a great place for kids as the teeth can be fairly easy to find. 

Fossil-Hound

Congratulations. Those Otodus are transitional sharks. Ancestors of Carcharodon.