Spinosaurus tooth my first fossil of dinosaurus

Ross14

Hello friends,

here I am with my first fossil of dinosaur: this is a spinosaurs tooth, or rather, I purchased it as spinosaurus tooth.

Do you confirm this identification?

The declared provenance is Kem Kem Morocco and it is estimated to be 95 million years old.

So what do you think of this fossil?

Thank you

Alessio

Lato2 con lunghezza.jpg

Lato1.jpg

Retro.jpg

Fronte.jpg

Yeah the ID looks correct. Definitely a Kem Kem tooth and it looks like Spinosaurid. Though sometimes croc teeth from the same area can look similar. And there are at least two species of Spinosaurid present in the Kem Kem beds. There's Sigilmassasaurus and another Spinosaurid that could possibly be Spinosaurus aegyptiacus.

Nice tooth.

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Nice Spinosaurid tooth for your first one, congratulations.  LordTrilobite is correct in saying there are multiple species unfortunately sellers still sell them as one.

• I found this Informative 1

That's a lovely Spinosaurid tooth. Great first fossil, and welcome to the forums! Troodon is correct in saying that LordTrilobite is correct in saying there are multiple species

• I found this Informative 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!