Introduction and first question

pascazio

Hello fellow fossil lovers,

Since childhood, I have loved the beauty of geodes but have never owned anything larger than those small flat slices bought at gift shops. Today, I have an opportunity to purchase a small collection of larger pieces. Two of the pieces are shown in the attached photograph. The only thing I know for sure about fossils is that they fascinate me. I have no idea of a piece's worth, or even what type of crystal I'm looking at. Can anyone tell me what I might reasonably expect to pay for these two pieces? It will help me to decide whether to purchase the collection and for how much. Thank you.

-Phyllis

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 4.21.47 PM.png

The forum doesn't do appraisals, but to give an idea they arent uncommon to find in some places. Welcome to the forum btw!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Just look on eBay they are always for sale there, check the prices that they have sold for.

• I found this Informative 1

Welcome to the forum from New York! Just so you know, geodes are not fossils, they are mineral specimens. But most of us like those as well!:D

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Thanks, Darktooth. Thinking about it, I knew that. Guess I'm in the wrong place for this question, but I did post a pic showing 3 fossils embedded in rock on another part of this site. Hopefully, I did that right, at least. (I'm a native New Yorker, myself, so thanks for the info, homey!)

You didn't do anything wrong. But there is a Rock and Mineral category for any future non-fossil questions. There is also one for Artifacts and Relics. Everyone is welcome here! Now drink the Kool-aid!:P

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Welcome to the Forum! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Welcome to the forum!

You'll find lots of these in different sizes/colours/prices on the big auction site. They're not expensive. They're sometimes called fairy caves. :)