Please help. Found a weird rock. Maybe a tool?

Triceratops77

I'm in Spokane Washington and found this in the yard today. I'm pretty certain its rock but it is really odd. We did have Native Americans in this area so I thought maybe some kind of grinding tool, but honestly I really have no idea. The guy who lived in our house before us collected rocks according to the neighbors, and I have found a few odd rocks since we lived here but this one seems like it could have a story. 

e633f6244901e59eff696ec1e0f122be_zpsmjmc

The dark spot is water and its all the same color. 

a42806bb5e4a6a6007a1da78c121981a_zpsjcmk

I thought the same but then I remembered how many Native Americans we had throughout this area, and did some digging online and found a lot of similar images claiming it could be part of a pestle. He is something similar. My grandfather has found over 100 arrow heads around this area as well. I'm not trying to argue and to me its just a rock but it just seems fishy. 

XGT1_034_1024x1024_zpszblf1qwf.jpg

If it was found in a native american site I would concede that it could be a pestle, but without the provenance that is just wishful thinking.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

15 minutes ago, ynot said:

If it was found in a native american site I would concede that it could be a pestle, but without the provenance that is just wishful thinking.

I thought the same but then I remembered how many Native Americans we had throughout this area, and did some digging online and found a lot of similar images claiming it could be a 

I'd also agree and honestly remain open to suggestions, but the fact that the previous owner of this house collected rocks, we are right along the river, and the fact my Grandfather has found so many arrowheads around here still has me questioning it. I'd still love to hear other thoughts. Thanks 

Archived