Please Help me ID these Teeth and Bones

Limestone

Hello, found these today after spending a few hours at a river in northern Puerto Rico, middle to upper Oligocene Limestone, looking for fossilized shells and cobalt blue glass... found lots of both!

Also found these teeth and bones, they were all found relatively close together

My guess is modern horse teeth. I have no clue on the bones. 
Could there be a way to tell how old they are? Pretty sure the teeth can't be too old, since the first cattle and horses were introduced into Puerto Rico from Spain in 1509.

Thank you! 

FullSizeRender (31).jpg

FullSizeRender (32).jpg

FullSizeRender (33).jpg

FullSizeRender (34).jpg

FullSizeRender (35).jpg

11 minutes ago, PaleoRon said:

The longest tooth looks like horse, the others look bovid.

Agreed

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

I also agree with horse and cow.

If you want to make sure whether they are modern or fossil, you can try a flame test. If the bones burn, then they are modern; if they don't, then they're probably fossil, and as you said that cattle was only introduced in 1509, it might be wise to take the bones to a museum!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

upper left is bovine, one to the right is horse, one to the right is a bovine again, lower left is partial horse (not enirely shure), oone to the right is bovine, and the lower right is cow too.

chunks of bone, there is noting to say about them, these are to small and have nothing to recognize them. but they are all cool finds ^_^

Thank you for your replies! 

5 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

I also agree with horse and cow.

If you want to make sure whether they are modern or fossil, you can try a flame test. If the bones burn, then they are modern; if they don't, then they're probably fossil, and as you said that cattle was only introduced in 1509, it might be wise to take the bones to a museum!

I was reading up on the flame test last night while searching for horse teeth in the forum, I will try it. 

3 hours ago, Spinosaurus said:

upper left is bovine, one to the right is horse, one to the right is a bovine again, lower left is partial horse (not enirely shure), oone to the right is bovine, and the lower right is cow too.

chunks of bone, there is noting to say about them, these are to small and have nothing to recognize them. but they are all cool finds ^_^

Thank you, these are actually the first bones I find. It would be nice to know where they came from, but I understand they are too small to determine. 

One day I will find a complete one  :D

• I found this Informative 1

PaleoRon has it right:  one horse lower and five bovid teeth.

A 'burn test' or 'match test' will indicate only whether there is collagen remaining in a bone -- scorched collagen has an awful smell. Briefly apply an open flame (I prefer a butane lighter) to an inconspicuous area of the object . . . you cannot keep a pin hot enough long enough to scorch collagen. Tooth enamel contains hydroxyapatite, but doesn't contain collagen, so the 'burn test' on tooth enamel would be a waste of time.

• I found this Informative 4

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

2 minutes ago, Harry Pristis said:

PaleoRon has it right:  one horse lower and five bovid teeth.

A 'burn test' or 'match test' will indicate only whether there is collagen remaining in a bone -- scorched collagen has an awful smell. Briefly apply an open flame (I prefer a butane lighter) to an inconspicuous area of the object . . . you cannot keep a pin hot enough long enough to scorch collagen. Tooth enamel contains hydroxyapatite, but doesn't contain collagen, so the 'burn test' on tooth enamel would be a waste of time.

Thanks for the information, so flame test will not be useful on the teeth, might try it on the bones then.