aek

Any help with this would be appreciated.Found in a quarry in Rockford, Illinois. Ordovician Galena group Thanks

echinoderm.jpeg

Picture is blurry so hard to see fine details.

I can make out brachiopods, bryozoan and a bunch of fragments. Not sure what the lite colored things are, maybe crinoid calyx.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

The picture looks clear now. It's the fossils that have faded. All I can make out is bryozoan pieces. The circular shapes could be from the base of colonies. It's hard to say for certain.

Thanks for the input rockwood and ynot. I attached a better pic using the "wet look" in daylight. I'm primarily interested in what the circular shapes are, each one is about the size of a quarter. The one on the right seems to have a few small holes/openings which makes me think possible crinoid calyx or some other weird echinoderm.

2017-06-27 19.52.10.jpg

I do not see echinoderms there. If You have geodized fossils in Your area, then it could be that You have some distorted piece, but not enough detail for Me to say with any confidence.

Wait for others to reply,  They may have a better ideal.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

There could be eroded crinoid fragments and branching bryozoans (the latter is clearly distinguishable). Some of the echinoderm fragments might be embedded in the matrix. Hard to say for sure.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library