Ludwigia
48 minutes ago, doushantuo said:

:fistbump: Thanks for the link! Maybe you should title this thread somewhat more appropriately so that people that may be interested in this valuable information might have a better chance of accessing it.

PFOOLEY
3 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

...Maybe you should title this thread somewhat more appropriately so that people that may be interested in this valuable information might have a better chance of accessing it.

What fun would that be? :P

doushantuo

:P

ok,and now the serious stuff:

I've been here a couple of months,and posted at least some stuff that took me hours to come up with.

Yes folks,hours.

And does it ,among other things,have to do with the way I G**gle?

You bet it does.

Search algorithms have become complexer and more contextual.

Simple keyword searches might get you some stuff,but the really worthwile stuff is hidden way back in the outer reaches of the Internet.

That's just the regular Internet,mind you.

The thingy by Peter D Ward,wellknown ammonite ignoramus,took about two hours to find,and me finding it was a combination of sheer persistence and a whole lot of serendipity .

Every filesharing site offers comprimises* to your PC -/cybersecurity to some extent.

So i don't use those.

Even RG and A*c**em** are suspect

I post the way I post.

Period

*read as "threats"

Ludwigia

Ok. I got your message.

doushantuo

Generally speaking:

I have a good memory for titles & authors.That helps

Without making statements about the scientific reviewing process,I ALSO check ("MANUALLY",so to speak) if the paper I'm about to post is cited often,or has had an impact*.

*very time consuming,that

I believe in the Lethaia manifest:everything I post has to offer something new (to members here)

If that's not the case i feel I've failed.

Those who know me "well" know how i feel if no-one finds a post of me informative :(deleted)

So,taxonomic papers only if they contain new insights into global intercontinental correlation,biogeography,and functional morphology/ecology

I almost never post the "grey literature",a slightly derogative term that circumscibes the "Bathonian ammonites from the Bakony Mountains,Hungary"-type publications.

(That term is in general use,BTW,particularly by librarians,I believe)

Thousands of PHD's by earnest hardworking students have "earned" that designation.

Funnily eniough,they can be found online a lot,probably because they don't harm the interests of such  &^)&^^(* as P*oQu**.Sp*ing**,etc 

So no Altmetric* ,Science citation Index,Scopus,etc,but checking all the titles.

*which seems to block some PLOS articles,BTW.their marketing is agrressive.

All sites that purport to keep you informed,RSS feeds,the whole rigmarole :not for me.

PFOOLEY
59 minutes ago, doushantuo said:

I post the way I post.

Period

stay.jpg.866e06a40eb32e8aaef49a4af1694b63.jpg

:P

(on a serious note, thanks...I know I have taken advantage of your efforts)

Wrangellian

Holy Cow, Peter Ward's thesis!