Ichthyosaur paddle bones.

Crann

Hi, found this a few weeks back, was going to prep it out but looked like was an easy split, little tap and it opened up, wanted to share, thanks.

20170630_202323.jpg

20170630_202339.jpg

20170630_202348.jpg

20170630_202424.jpg

That's cool!

Thanks for posting it. 

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

:envy:

Supercool find. Charmouth area? Nice to have it split like that. Sadly mine didn't and was so flakey I Paraloided it. Over Paraloided it.....

It's now been sent out to one of the top prep guys here. Mines from Charmouth. 

10 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

:envy:

Supercool find. Charmouth area? Nice to have it split like that. Sadly mine didn't and was so flakey I Paraloided it. Over Paraloided it.....

It's now been sent out to one of the top prep guys here. Mines from Charmouth. 

Hi, was a Yorkshire coast find, any photo's of yours ? Was like an early Christmas present when I opened it up.

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, Crann said:

Hi, was a Yorkshire coast find, any photo's of yours ? Was like an early Christmas present when I opened it up.

Nice pressie! I've only found ammonites at Yorkshire (coast) and have only been there 3 times. Hope to go to Whitby for Goth Weekend (married in Whitby the week before). Found my paddle at Charmouth as I go to Devon (parents) at least twice a year. Winter is good :) Can wait for mine to be prepped, I did as much as I could but It's way past my new skill level. Pics of mine in the link above. 

What's a clearly sane guy like yourself doing on/in a Goth weekend?:DB)B)

6 hours ago, doushantuo said:

What's a clearly sane guy like yourself doing on/in a Goth weekend?:DB)B)

Whitby comes alive at Goth weekend, it's brilliant! :D

Lovely paddle. :)

• I found this Informative 1

Tarquin

"Goth" in the anthropological or the cultural/musical sense?

***Whitby,Jurassic,UK,drool***

Nice find! I'm just wondereing, though, if you shouldn't get it glue it back together and get the top and bottom prepped out?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

6 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Nice find! I'm just wondereing, though, if you shouldn't get it glue it back together and get the top and bottom prepped out?

Hi, it looks like most is in one side, a slither perhaps on the other, not sure how would turn out, I tried the ST pen on a small section, hardly touched it, cheers.

10 hours ago, TqB said:

Whitby comes alive at Goth weekend, it's brilliant! :D

Lovely paddle. :)

It certainly does! We Married the Wednesday before Goth weekend at Registry office. Grabbed witnesses of the crazy golf course 15 minutes before the ceremony. No really! Went up to the Abbey and took selfies and got a tourist to take this one. Then sent pics to parents and other family. Yeah, we don't do normalIMG_8244.thumb.JPG.e3ce13a68970fa3d546bea27caa27715.JPG :D

Then Goth weekend dressing up. Kate is second from left, I'm far right. My walking cane has a genuine hip replacement joint on the end given to me by a retired surgeon. Much to Kate's disgust I did get a couple of hours in with the hammer. Only a few dactylioceras bits tho. 

IMG_9359.thumb.JPG.5e095910ed1c3492fae5f79ca2bf7406.JPG