10 SW Ohio Ordivician mini-collections to trade

hrguy54

I would like to expand my overall collection.

I have collected a ton of SW Ohio Ordivician fossils over the years. I believe that most non-Ohio collectors are unaware of how great this area is for collecting.

I'd like to get other specimens from other areas.

I have 10 "mini-collections" (samplers?) made up of typical SW Ohio fossils, minus the trilobites (they aren't really so widespread).

The collections (similar to that pictured below) will include 2 horn corals (one with beekite), a gastropod, a cephalopod, the top valve of a rafinesquina, and 6 complete brachiopods...a hebertella, a vindlandostrophia ponderosa, 3 different kinds of lepidocyclus, and one of the following... a glyptorthis, a plaesiomys, or a retrorsirostra (I say one of these three because I struggle to tell them apart).

I would like to trade to different people from different areas other than SW Ohio/No KY/E Ind. Or from the Devonian in NE OH and around Penn-Dixie...I'm pretty good on those already.

All pieces will be in very good condition, prepped and ready to go.  I would like the same in return.

Just because I'm offering 11 pieces doesn't mean I want 11 from you....I want a good quality representation of what is commonly found in your area...we can discuss/negotiate it. Of course, send a photo.

If you want to suggest other trades/sales I'll listen.

Right now I will not consider overseas shipping.

PM me if interested.

IMG_1208.thumb.JPG.c04f0ee6bed788a5eeac94a2de87feed.JPG

If you have any E. rana from Ohio I have a bunch of really nice teeth from Calvert Cliffs including Megalodon and Crocodile.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:42 AM, Fossil-Hound said:

If you have any E. rana from Ohio I have a bunch of really nice teeth from Calvert Cliffs including Megalodon and Crocodile.

Sorry, I do not.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Talk about disappointing. No interest in my offer. There's no interest in a simple swap for some very good specimens?

Did I mis-word the offer?  I'll trade one of my "samplers" for representative pieces from your area.

Perhaps the overseas restriction and the requirement of prepped specimens narrows the market somewhat. I don't know how many member collectors also are equipped to prep their stuff.

Yeah, would consider trading, but all I have to trade are unprepared fossils, that and mine are middle Devonian of Maryland Which from your post sounds like something you wouldn't be interested in...

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Huh, since I really enjoying hunting and prepping I assume that's what everyone does. Maybe I should start a service....for a small fee of course.

W and W you see what I'm offering...lets talk, whataya got?

48 minutes ago, Wrangellian said:

Perhaps the overseas restriction and the requirement of prepped specimens narrows the market somewhat. I don't know how many member collectors also are equipped to prep their stuff.

38 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Yeah, would consider trading, but all I have to trade are unprepared fossils, that and mine are middle Devonian of Maryland Which from your post sounds like something you wouldn't be interested in...

Huh, since I really enjoying hunting and prepping I assume that's what everyone does. Maybe I should start a service....for a small fee of course.

2 hours ago, hrguy54 said:

Prepping is too hard for me, whenever something bad can happen, is does. I'll PM you some pictures tommorow.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I just got back from Kentucky and Indiana with a ton of ordovician and Silurian stuff.  Let me know if you are interested.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/15/2017 at 7:02 AM, joshuajbelanger said:

I just got back from Kentucky and Indiana with a ton of ordovician and Silurian stuff.  Let me know if you are interested.

Show me your Silurian stuff

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

If you have any of those mini-collections left for trade, I'd love to have one of them!

I have a lot of different European fossil material, and fossils from closed locations. Family-wise a bit of everything.

So, if you're interested in having some more variety in your collection, and willing to now ship overseas (to the Netherlands), I'd enjoy trading with you :)

Best regards,

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2017 at 8:24 AM, hrguy54 said:

Wow! Talk about disappointing. No interest in my offer. There's no interest in a simple swap for some very good specimens?

Did I mis-word the offer?  I'll trade one of my "samplers" for representative pieces from your area.

I already have all those fossils and have hunted in Ohio. :P Thanks anyways buddy.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Archived