How valuable are dinosaur eggs? Fake or real Eggs?

Hi!

Below I have some pictures of dinosaur eggs.

Picture 1 is stated as a dendroolithus egg.

Picture 2, 3, 4 and 5 are stated as "Hadrosaur" eggs. 

Picture 6 is stated as a segnosaur egg.

Picture 7, 8 and 9 are stated as "Raptor" eggs. 

1Bildresultat för dinosaur eggs ebay    2 Bildresultat för dinosaur eggs ebay     3Bildresultat för dinosaur eggs ebay    4 Bildresultat för dinosaur eggs ebay  

5Bildresultat för dinosaur eggs ebay   6 Bildresultat för dinosaur eggs ebay   7 Bildresultat för dinosaur eggs ebay      8 Bildresultat för raptor eggs ebay  

9Oviraptor or Velociraptor Egg w/ Display Theropod Dinosaur Fossil W/ COA!

The price ranges from a few hundred dollars up to $2,500.

And my questions are, how much is a dinosaur egg really worth, depending on the quality and species?

And when is this kind of deals "to good to be truth"? 

How common are real dinosaur eggs?

What can you do to avoid getting scammed?

I might be interested in buying a dinosaur egg, and since there is so many fake ones out there it is good to be aware of as many signs as possible, that might indicate a "to good to be truth" or a "fake" deal. 

Keep in mind that, as per forum rules, we cannot give appraisals of fossils. At best, we can say a fossil is worth what someone is willing to pay.

As for how to detect the real from the fake, you'll probably notice that this thread ('Is it Real') has numerous posts on how to determine authenticity of dinosaur eggs, and some things to be wary of. Our members have provided a lot of good tips over the years, so it may be a good idea to spend a bit of time reading some of the great posts they have provided. Using the search bar on the upper right hand side of the page with the term "dinosaur eggs" comes up with over 403 entries - so you'll be spoiled for choice and great advice! :) 

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

We can't give you an exact monetary value of dino eggs because it is against forum rules and there are many variable that dictate the price. 

There are more fake eggs for sale than real.  #2, 3, 4 & 6 that you posted are all known fakes that have been discussed many times. #9 looks real but it missing a lot of shell (only the black is the shell).  #7 is convincing for a low quality egg BUT it is sold but the internet's largest supplier of fake Hadrosaur eggs so I'd be weary and stay away if I were you.  #1 & 5 look real.  #8 also looks real but is difficult to tell form the one small picture you posted, I can't seem to find the original listing where its offered for sale.

Look through this guide I made last year, should be helpful.

• I found this Informative 1

Thank you. I'm not 100% sure about the rules yet, because I'm new in this forum. But I will make sure to not do the same mistake again. 

Thanks again :)

I agree with HamptonsDoc! Eggs 2, 3, 4 and 6 are 100% fake and have been topics of many discussions here in the Forum. But this does not mean that the others are true, because there is no way to verify the authenticity with photos so, of such low quality ... The most correct is that you choose the one you want to buy, and post quality photos here in the Forum so that we can try to offer a positive authenticity. When monetary amounts, really is not allowed here in the forum.

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG