Rock or Not?

ForbiddenArch

I found this by the beach and was wondering if it could possibly be a shark tooth? 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm sorry, but I believe this is geological. Normally a shark tooth would be thinner and have a root as well as enamel. Im guessing chert pebble, but the more gifted geologists may know better...

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

5 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

I'm sorry, but I believe this is geological. Normally a shark tooth would be thinner and have a root as well as enamel. Im guessing chert pebble, but the more gifted geologists may know better...

Maybe a shark tooth that went thru diagnesis? It's about an inch and a half. 

image.jpg

1 minute ago, ForbiddenArch said:

Maybe a shark tooth that went thru diagnesis? It's about an inch and a half. 

image.jpg

Diagnesis would normally keep the features somewhat intact. This is to thick as well, I'm struggling to see anything fossil-like at all about it. But it may be good to see what the others think, I'm notoriously bad at sharks teeth...

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Sorry, not a shark tooth. Its a waterworn pebble that was worn into the shape of a tooth.

Archived