Can anyone telp me what i found?

Jared2929

It looks to me like a coprolite, fossilized dung. Here's a picture from Nebraska, oligocene in age. Try to look up geologic maps of your area and I believe you will find it to be an oligocene formation, maybe brule  or chadron.

IMG_1871.JPG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

My money is also on coprolite. There are people on the forum far more qualified to weigh in on this type of material than myself though, I'm sure they will pop in and let you know with more certainty! 

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

WELCOME to the forum, and what a GREAT way to start!

Two of the smaller specimens on the bottom appear to have pinched ends, which can be indicative of sphincter marks.  It could be a section from a latrine area where a larger dropping melded into the smaller ones beneath it prior to fossilization (or something ate some really bad dino ;)). Scanning the photo, I'm not seeing any definite inclusions other than one possibility in the somewhat damaged area on the left.  Can you tell tell me whether that is a small piece of darker, smoother material at the base of that or if it is just a shadow? Also, would you mind posting a photo of the broken edge on the bottom?

It is really hard to tell from the photo if these are phosphatic, calciferous, or even siliceous. Knowing the formation in which it was found could help. You could try the lick test if you are so inclined. If it is a coprolite, there is a good chance that it is comprised of calcium phosphate. Some phosphatic coprolites (as well as bone) will stick if you touch them to the tip of your tongue. If you are not feeling that brave you can just touch it with wet fingers to see if feels sticky (same test, just not nearly as much fun). If it sticks, I would feel pretty comfortable identifying them as coprolites from a latrine area...and it really doesn't get much better than that! If not, without the presence of undigested flora/fauna, the best I can say is they are possibly coprolites. 

• I found this Informative 6