3rd Pseudodechenella rowi found at Penn Dixie this season

DevonianDigger

Today a visitor found what marks the third Pseudodechenella rowi found at Penn Dixie this season. It's a gorgeous example to boot, only missing a chunk of the lateral border on the cephalon and a bit of the genal spine. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't very jealous that I haven't been one of the three people to have found one. What's more impressive is that this guy came out of the piles we've been going over since May and it took this long to find! 

20170702_164857.thumb.jpg.aa7936078464518c20ab26c3190e132e.jpg20170702_164900.thumb.jpg.c3ab294753312a582b9c08bd3916f6be.jpg20170702_164903.thumb.jpg.0fc61f9bb4fbba2c619ff9b967607377.jpg20170702_164908.thumb.jpg.38dac76e7f887b92b24ee21a6b1a1c74.jpg20170702_164911.thumb.jpg.c92c0a9f0c0546f48a6194f4ed82e929.jpg

Jay A. Wollin

Lead Fossil Educator - Penn Dixie Fossil Park and Nature Reserve

Hamburg, New York, USA

No, I think it was her dad that found it. They brought it up at the end of the day as we were closing up the site. It gathered quite a crowd because we were all taking turns taking pictures of it and gawking, lol!

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

Agreed. Kinda bummed I haven't found one of my own yet. There are certain things at the site that seem to only present themselves for visitors. None of the staff have managed to find one. Although, we're all pretty darn motivated at this point, lol!

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

@Malcolmt, you didn't tell me you found one, did you? When did you find yours, and better yet, where!? I'm trying to track down where they're coming from, but so far they've all been basically floaters, so it's driving me a little nuts. Do you have pics of yours? Also, I am going to DM you as I have a blaster question.

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

On 7/2/2017 at 11:06 PM, Malcolmt said:

Jason... I suspect you missed the post. 

His name is Jay. I'm Jason.B) Nice finds to both that guy and yourself! Keep making Jay @DevonianDigger jealous! :D

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Yikes Jason as the topic states "Mistaken Identity" ... Devonian Digger ... Fossil Hound .......gets quite confusing for us senile old folks......   I suspect you look nothing like Jay... He is quite distinctive and is a fellow classical musician when not playing bass.... Very much enjoyed the two times I have been able to dig with him..... Hoping to get back there in the next month

Lol, we are a bit different in overall appearance, but we're kindred spirits at least :P 

When you coming back down @Malcolmt? I'm going to be hanging with @trempie4 at the site on Monday before he heads up to Toronto. Still discussing the details about perhaps excavating another portion of the site to help boost the number of bugs. The Pseudodechenellas have been nice to see, but they don't really make up for the lack of other trilobites and the decreasing number of them.

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

30 minutes ago, DevonianDigger said:

Lol, we are a bit different in overall appearance, but we're kindred spirits at least :P 

When you coming back down @Malcolmt? I'm going to be hanging with @trempie4 at the site on Monday before he heads up to Toronto. Still discussing the details about perhaps excavating another portion of the site to help boost the number of bugs. The Pseudodechenellas have been nice to see, but they don't really make up for the lack of other trilobites and the decreasing number of them.

We both like pizza and good fossils. :D B)

On 7/10/2017 at 8:34 PM, Malcolmt said:

Yikes Jason as the topic states "Mistaken Identity" ... Devonian Digger ... Fossil Hound .......gets quite confusing for us senile old folks......   I suspect you look nothing like Jay... He is quite distinctive and is a fellow classical musician when not playing bass.... Very much enjoyed the two times I have been able to dig with him..... Hoping to get back there in the next month

I'm the devilishly handsome, and very intelligent fellow... B) :rofl:

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Jay, I was hoping to get down before the beginning of August.... not sure that is going to be happening. Have some medical stuff going on that will put a damper on my collecting  at the end of this month and the beginning of August. Definitely not going to be able to meet up with you and Joe on the Monday as much as I would like. I have my issue of not being able to drive myself over large bridges (stupid but a reality I live with) and my son and his wife are staying with us for the month of July and he has my car for work that week, so regardless I am without wheels during the day. 

@Malcolmt, hope all is well with the medical situation. Sorry to hear that it will hinder your collecting, you'll just have to live vicariously through us in the meantime. No worries about Monday, it's pretty last minute. Joe messaged me just the other day about it, so there was little planning involved. I'm sure we'll get the chance to rip up some rock in August once you're recovered. Stay well!

Jay A. Wollin

Hamburg, New York, USA

Just a hopefully minor procedure at the end of July but have to be on liquids only for 7 days before. Unfortunately has the potential to go badly (5%), have gone through it before and if all goes well I only need to take it easy for about 3 to 5 days.

Definitely want to collect at least once more this summer with you at Penn

Archived