Cambrian rocks or fossils?

Miocene_Mason

I went hunting to the kinzer formation (cambrian) from a suggestion of a member here (thanks very much for that), and hunted for around two hours in the shale. Nothing I found screamed trilobite  (my target fossil) but I did come back with a few interesting looking rocks. I'm not too familiar with the paleofauna here, so I'm putting most of my finds up here so you guys can tell me what fossils I've found (or lack there of).

IMG_1924.JPG

IMG_1925.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

IMG_1931.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1934.JPG

IMG_1935.JPG

IMG_1936.JPG

IMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG

IMG_1939.JPG

IMG_1940.JPG

IMG_1943.JPG

IMG_1944.JPG

IMG_1945.JPG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Hello WhodamanHD,

Your rocks look like Kinzers Shale. Nothing pops out. #10 should get a better look as non Trilobite material. My last visit to York, PA turned up nothing. Use this as determination not discouragement.

• I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, fossilcrazy said:

Hello WhodamanHD,

Your rocks look like Kinzers Shale. Nothing pops out. #10 should get a better look as non Trilobite material. My last visit to York, PA turned up nothing. Use this as determination not discouragement.

Yeah, the effort vs reward isn't great, as it's about an hour and a half away. Any thoughts as to what ten could be? It's probably the most interesting thing I found. Could 4 and 5 be camptostroma? 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

11 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

I went hunting to the kinzer formation (cambrian) from a suggestion of a member here (thanks very much for that), and hunted for around two hours in the shale. Nothing I found screamed trilobite  (my target fossil) but I did come back with a few interesting looking rocks. I'm not too familiar with the paleofauna here, so I'm putting must of my finds up here so you guys can tell me what fossils I've found (or lack there of).

9 and 12 look to have some worm burrows in them.

The last one might be a sponge.

• 6 years later...
3 hours ago, treuwood said:

did you consider radiodonts

Pretty sure Fossilcrazy did. 

Do you see anything that makes you say that?

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

yes

one of the features circled in red may be agnostid pygidium. 

i have never collected in kinzer. 

radiodonts are big, as in the rocks are part of the animal (if they are radiodonts, i think so). 

IMG_8268.jpeg

IMG_8267.jpeg

IMG_8266.jpeg

IMG_8265.jpeg