Interested in identification! I Would most appreciate any responses to my find.

KGoodman

Welcome to the forum.

It looks geologic to me, but a much clearer picture will be helpful. I assume by the tag it was found in South Carolina?

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Welcome to :tff:

I agree with @Kane that this looks like just a rock to me. But better pictures, from more angles too, would help to confirm this. Also, having a clearer indication on the location than just South Carolina would be helpful. 

Best regards,

Max

• I found this Informative 1

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

From the blurry picture, I think I can see something symmetrical, but this might be just a coincidence. Also, I have no idea what this symmetry could represent, I'm just trying to find signs of things that might indicate a fossil. 

Btw, one of your tags says "archeology rocks!". Yet fossils have usually nothing to do with archeology. The study of fossils is called paleontology. Archeology is the study of human remains and artifacts, and rarely has anything to do with animals or plants. On the other hand, paleontology is the study of ancient life, and this has everything to do with fossils and how nature was like in the past. For example, an ancient arrow point, because it's made by humans, will fall into archeology. But a shark tooth that turned to stone (that fossilized) will be in paleontology. Your rock, if just a rock (indeed no fossil), will most likely be placed under mineralogy (study of minerals) or simply geology (study of earth/rocks). If is is a fossil of any kind, then it will obviously fall into paleontology. 

Many people confuse archeology and paleontology (because they don't know that paleontology is way cooler :P)

• I found this Informative 2

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

@Max-fossils

Isn't a fossil a rock also?

I agree that this looks like a rock, but not a fossil.

That being said, the picture is blurry. A better picture and more views may alter that opinion.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Rock Art or MO Nature's wonder? Better pictures are needed for a confident ID. :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

12 hours ago, ynot said:

@Max-fossils

Isn't a fossil a rock also?

Obviously :)

But by rock, I meant "rock not containing any fossil" ;)

Max Derème