Hunting: Books!

ReeseF

Hello all,

Despite three years of 'slimming down my collection' (no such thing has remotely occurred--the end goal is a nicer collection but fewer pieces), I am pretty slim on fossil literature! I am looking to expand my library, and I am happy to trade for books--I will look into purchasing them, but ideally I can hit two birds one stone :P . 

I am mainly looking for books on paleozoic invertebrates, but I would take a look at anything! English, Spanish, and Russian (my' edem v Rossiyu, leto 2018!), but English is primarily what I'm hunting.

To trade, I have a little bit of everything--trilobites, fish, ammonites, ferns, and plenty more, with the exceptions of dinosaur material and shark teeth. If you're looking for something specific I will let you know what I have and send pictures your way :) . 

Reese

I have 3 volumes of the treatise of invertebrate paleontology for sale all in very good condition;

Volume "H" brachiopods2

Echinoderms volumes 1 and 2

$ 20 dollars each + $5 shipping

or all 3 for $50 + $10 shipping ( US only)

if interested PM me

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

I have a spare copy of Common Fossil Plants of Western North America that my mother spent $30Cdn on, not realizing that I already had it. Not sure if that would be any use to you (might depend in what part of the US you're in), nor am I sure if something worthwhile could be worked out, what with the int'l shipping and all, but it's available in any case.

On 7/7/2017 at 2:00 PM, Herb said:

I have 3 volumes of the treatise of invertebrate paleontology for sale all in very good condition;

Volume "H" brachiopods2

Echinoderms volumes 1 and 2

$ 20 dollars each + $5 shipping

or all 3 for $50 + $10 shipping ( US only)

if interested PM me

PMed :) 

On 7/8/2017 at 1:10 AM, Wrangellian said:

I have a spare copy of Common Fossil Plants of Western North America that my mother spent $30Cdn on, not realizing that I already had it. Not sure if that would be any use to you (might depend in what part of the US you're in), nor am I sure if something worthwhile could be worked out, what with the int'l shipping and all, but it's available in any case.

I appreciate the offer, but having sent a few things to Canada I am afraid I must pass based on shipping--from the US a small flat rate is $25USD, and I can't imagine the other way is much cheaper!

shipping out of the US is obscene. $3 to $10 per ounce

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

I have

"Mississippi State Geological Survey, Bulletin 40, Upper Cretaceous Deposits, University of Mississippi, 1940"

"Invertebrate Macropaleontology of the Clark County, Mississippi Area, Bulletin 122, Miss Dept of Natural Resources, Bureau of Geology, 1980"

Also antiquarian books which feature palenontology:

"Popular Geology, Story of the Rocks, 1871""

"Ice Age of North America and it's bearings upon the antiquity of man,  sixth enlarged edition 1920"

Your Inner Fish by Neil Shubin

Tyrannosaurus Sue by Steve Fiffer

Dinosaurs of Darkness by Thomas H. Rich and Patricia Vickers-Rich

Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs edited by Philip J. Currie and Kevin Padian

The Field Guide to Prehistoric Life by David Lambert

Possibly In Search of Ancient Queensland by the Queensland Museum

Possibly Oklahoma Fossil Localities by Mark McKinzie

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

3 hours ago, Jesuslover340 said:

Your Inner Fish by Neil Shubin

I was fortunate to meet him a few years ago when I was visiting schools and he gave a fantastic lecture! I messaged you about some of your books :)

On 7/16/2017 at 8:04 PM, jpevahouse said:

I have

"Mississippi State Geological Survey, Bulletin 40, Upper Cretaceous Deposits, University of Mississippi, 1940"

"Invertebrate Macropaleontology of the Clark County, Mississippi Area, Bulletin 122, Miss Dept of Natural Resources, Bureau of Geology, 1980"

Also antiquarian books which feature palenontology:

"Popular Geology, Story of the Rocks, 1871""

"Ice Age of North America and it's bearings upon the antiquity of man,  sixth enlarged edition 1920"

Messaged :) !

Archived