Wow Ordovician fossils from South Korea! I cant wait to do comparisons of your pics and my finds.

Hi,

Hojoon, why do you write so big ? On the forums it means that you are angry and that you shout !

Coco

• I found this Informative 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Hi HoJoon!

Thanks for sharing all of those pictures!  Wow, what a lot of trilobite parts!!!  Here in the Toronto area I haven't found too many trilobite parts so your collection of things is amazing!!!  I have to say, though, that I really like your gastropod - it's really pretty!  And I love the gastropod's name (Lophospira pagoda) - it reminds me of when I lived/worked in Hong Kong :)

Monica

Fantastic, I have never seen fossils from South Korea before so this is great. I agree with John Brewer about your dedication for riding your bicycle to and from. :trilowalk:

Bulldozers and dirt Bulldozers and dirt
behind the trailer, my desert
Them red clay piles are heaven on earth
I get my rocks off, bulldozers and dirt

Patterson Hood; Drive-By Truckers

image.png.0c956e87cee523facebb6947cb34e842.png May 2016  MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png.b42a25e3438348310ba19ce6852f50c1.png May 2012 IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png.1721b8912c45105152ac70b0ae8303c3.png.2b6263683ee32421d97e7fa481bd418a.pngAug 2013, May 2016, Apr 2020 VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png.af5065d0585e85f4accd8b291bf0cc2e.png.72a83362710033c9bdc8510be7454b66.png.9171036128e7f95de57b6a0f03c491da.png Oct 2022

18 hours ago, JUAN EMMANUEL said:

Wow Ordovician fossils from South Korea! I cant wait to do comparisons of your pics and my finds.

Oh, you have korean trilobites? Wow, I surprised! I'd like to compare with your finds!

11 hours ago, Coco said:

Hi,

Hojoon, why do you write so big ? On the forums it means that you are angry and that you shout !

Coco

Oh, really? I didn't know that. You know, I'm newbie >.>

I just wanted to show all my finds. Sorry :'l

9 hours ago, Monica said:

Hi HoJoon!

Thanks for sharing all of those pictures!  Wow, what a lot of trilobite parts!!!  Here in the Toronto area I haven't found too many trilobite parts so your collection of things is amazing!!!  I have to say, though, that I really like your gastropod - it's really pretty!  And I love the gastropod's name (Lophospira pagoda) - it reminds me of when I lived/worked in Hong Kong :)

Monica

Actually, I posted very small amount yet. There are more big trilobite parts, gastropod, brachiopods. Also pyritized tirlobite parts too. I though that Toronto's trilobite output was very good. I'm glad to like our gastropods :) Thank you for being interested in our fossils! :D

3 hours ago, sixgill pete said:

Fantastic, I have never seen fossils from South Korea before so this is great. I agree with John Brewer about your dedication for riding your bicycle to and from. :trilowalk:

I appreciate to being interested in our fossils! After this exploration, I went to other fossil site with my brother's car. At that time, I practiced drive hard. So, now I have Korean Lower Cambrian trilobite and Upper Cambrian trilobite too(I gained Upper one from fossil mall owner in our country. But I dug Lower things.)

I'd like to show you after this post! Although their not very good condition, it's very interesting! :)

Long distance travelling with a bicycle was very tired. At that time, I just move my body only in order to dig up trilobites. Well.. It was very exciting experience, but I don't want to do that again. Lol

And I can drive now!

Anyway, thank you for saying so! :D

5 minutes ago, HoJoon said:

I went to other fossil site with my brother's car. At that time, I practiced drive hard. So, now I have Korean Lower Cambrian trilobite and Upper Cambrian trilobite too(I gained Upper one from fossil mall owner in our country. But I dug Lower things.)

I'd like to show you after this post! Although their not very good condition, it's very interesting!

Sounds like another trip report waiting to be posted! Looking forward to seeing more of Your finds!

:popcorn:

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

No sorry I meant to say I cant wait to compare what you found in Korea to what fossils I have found here in Toronto.

• 3 months later...
On 7/10/2017 at 6:34 PM, JUAN EMMANUEL said:

No sorry I meant to say I cant wait to compare what you found in Korea to what fossils I have found here in Toronto.

I've seen your post a lot and I went to Humber river last weekends. Though I couldn't find any trilobites but I found nice orthoceras! Thank you!

When it comes to looking for trilobites, it helps if you can find a natural exposure. Pretty much all of my trilos were found in such settings. 

• 2 years later...
On 2017. 7. 10. at 1:51 AM, piranha said:

I sent a big batch of Kobayashi's Korean trilobite papers, over 1000 total pages.  Good luck with your research! Posted Image :fistbump: Posted Image

Can you send it to me too?