WhodamanHD

I was prepping out a shell (it may seem stupid but I don't trust myself with other things) in a piece of matrix given to me by @Rocky Stoner (thx for the stones!) and this little dotted piece caught my eye. Could it be a frag of a trilobite, or is it the usual suspects. I am btw not referring to the obvious bryozoan, but the shiny piece with four holes.

IMG_2102.JPG

ynot

Sorry but I do not see it.

Max-fossils

A picture that's A LOT less blurry will help. Right now, I'm just seeing colors, lines and circles. Take the picture from further away, and then zoom in. Also, could you maybe circle what you think is the 'trilobit"?

Fossildude19

Looks like a bryozoan to me. 

IMG_2102.thumb.JPG.548bbccf7fa7bc6cb1323ac6098e8baf.JPG

westcoast

Not seeing trilobite here either

doushantuo

I can see,through squinted eyes*,something remotely akin to a trinucleid fringe,or is that the "obvious bryozoan"?

*and with my imagination in gentle overdrive

Like the others said,encircling the object of interest is always a good idea

WhodamanHD
4 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

A picture that's A LOT less blurry will help. Right now, I'm just seeing colors, lines and circles. Take the picture from further away, and then zoom in. Also, could you maybe circle what you think is the 'trilobit"?

3 hours ago, doushantuo said:

I can see,through squinted eyes*,something remotely akin to a trinucleid fringe,or is that the "obvious bryozoan"?

*and with my imagination in gentle overdrive

Like the others said,encircling the object of interest is always a good idea

Here is it encircled, I know the thing above it is bryozoan. I can't get a great picture with a iPad, even with a magnifying glass. 

WhodamanHD
5 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

Ha, I forgot trilobite is trilo bit with an e, I meant bit as in piece, and I used trilo as a shortened version. The pun was not intended:D

Fossildude19
1 hour ago, WhodamanHD said:

Here is it encircled, I know the thing above it is bryozoan. I can't get a great picture with a iPad, even with a magnifying glass. 

? New picture?  :headscratch:

WhodamanHD
10 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

? New picture?  :headscratch:

Oh, yeah sorry. Here ( might take a few posts to get the rest)

IMG_2124.JPG

IMG_2119.JPG

IMG_2120.JPG

IMG_2121.JPG

WhodamanHD

It's the thing with the four holes in the middle, I remember finding something kind of similar a while back and the thread had lots of suggestions but no IDs were definitive. Slight majority on that one said eldregeops, this on is smaller and slightly different though.

ynot

Looks like a crinoid calyx print. Definitely not trilobit.

The "holes" are spine attachment points.

WhodamanHD
18 minutes ago, ynot said:

Looks like a crinoid calyx print. Definitely not trilobit.

The "holes" are spine attachment points.

Okay, I'm still happy. I don't have many caliyces in my collection.

westcoast

Not seeing crinoid calyx.

WhodamanHD
20 minutes ago, EMP said:

Is it just me, or did anyone else see what he was talking about in the first photo? :headscratch:

Hmmm, I don't know about crinoid calyx. Maybe. My first guess was that it was the inside of a chonetid brachiopod.

I can see brach, not too many chonetids in this stuff though (again this is from eastern W.V.)

IMG_2129.JPG

Max-fossils
19 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

Ha, I forgot trilobite is trilo bit with an e, I meant bit as in piece, and I used trilo as a shortened version. The pun was not intended:D

Actually, "trilobit" is often used on this forum to mean "piece of a trilobite". It is a pun, in some sort of way, but it's really common (here). I actually put trilobit in quotation marks because I wasn't seeing any; as in the supposedly piece of trilobite.