Miocene_Mason

Is this a trilobite segment? Found on the trilobite ridge

.image.thumb.jpg.53485b914575a46c3a78e245e348f184.jpg

IMG_2118.JPG

The second one is the outline in case you can't see it, sorry it turned itself, I don't know why it did that.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Slightly better photo

IMG_2127.JPG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

27 minutes ago, ynot said:

At best it maybe a borrow.

I do not see a trilobite piece.

Ah, foiled again by the worms. Maybe next time...

Happy hunting,

Mason

3 minutes ago, Pumpkinhead said:

Sometimes I play chess with worms. I win most of the time

I wish I could say the same, but I'm really bad at chess...

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

Slightly better photo

IMG_2127.JPG

Geez is it really just me? I'm seeing a distorted Trimerus sp. thoracic segment.

9 minutes ago, EMP said:

Geez is it really just me? I'm seeing a distorted Trimerus sp. thoracic segment.

That's what I thought, I found a trimerus nearby, not called trilobite ridge for nothing. But if I know one thing, it's that worms have spent millions of years of evolution learning how to dig holes that look exactly like any fossil imaginable. I don't know, I'm confused but @piranha knows his trilos. I'll see if I can polish it up, might reveal some details.

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 minutes ago, piranha said:

In the future please add something for scale in your photos.  Thanks!

Sure thing. I try to but I'm very forgetful...

Happy hunting,

Mason

I didn't know Elvis plaid chess with Trimerus segment eating wormed potato chips.:P

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg