Stratford Hall July 9th

Bronco5150

I spent a FANTASTIC day at the Stratford Hall cliffs yesterday courtesy of Mid Atlantic Fossil and Nature Trips. HUGE thanks to Cathy for organizing the outing as it was one of the best days I can remember having (collecting or otherwise!)

IMG_0706.thumb.JPG.4aabff231ca22da2bc57f9f7d10ce746.JPG 

Found a great many teeth during the 4 hours (particularly for a relative newcomer). Favorites of the day were the nice croc at top, a few of the more complete hemis, my first makos, and.... the VERY partial Meg at far left under the bottle cap. I saw the root sticking out of the sand, my heart skipped a beat, and then I discovered, much to my dismay, that almost the entire tooth was broken off. Oh well, I'll save the intact tooth for next time!!

All beauties! Keep up the good work!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Nice collection, Like the Hemis too.  Is that a Mackerel shark tooth? What is the object in the top left corner?

8 hours ago, Calvin Jenkins said:

Nice collection, Like the Hemis too.  Is that a Mackerel shark tooth? What is the object in the top left corner?

Which one?

It's a beer bottle cap hahah, helps to set scale!

I believe @SailingAlongToo runs these tours and I would have gone but had to move to Utah for a new job. Excellent finds you have! Nice Mako!

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

16 hours ago, Calvin Jenkins said:

Sorry!  I meant top right.

My amateur's eyes say that's a vertebrae, but that may be wishful thinking!

Archived