Rocky Stoner

Hi folks, found this orthoceras this morning. Both pieces were relatively close to one another, (rarely happens)

There is a strange inhabitant residing inside.

Do you recognize it ?

I'm experimenting with photos through a microscope. Hope they are clear enough.

The second find today is another one I haven't seen yet. I assume it is a cephalapod but the sutures are very close together, unlike the others I've found here. They are only 0.5mm (0.02") apart.

It is basically round and tapered like the others also.

Thanks

ScreenHunter_01 Jul. 11 09.26.jpg

ScreenHunter_02 Jul. 11 09.27.jpg

ScreenHunter_03 Jul. 11 09.28.jpg

ScreenHunter_04 Jul. 11 09.28.jpg

ScreenHunter_05 Jul. 11 09.29.jpg

IMG_9805.JPG

IMG_9804.JPG

Regarding the second item, maybe they are growth lines and strangely there are no sutures present ?

ScreenHunter_06 Jul. 11 09.59.jpg

I agree they're shell ornament in the last two photos. There are possibly two or three septa visible in the first photo, with normal spacing. 

Not sure about the inclusions - maybe impressions of bits of crinoid that floated into the living chamber, they have the angular look of echinoderm fragments, especially in photo 2.

Tarquin

This maybe stupid, but agoniatites is rarely found in the mahantango, could that be ones, hence the goniatic lines? It hard to tell if there is any curve in it from the photo.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

That was the only illustration that I found that described the growth lines and sutures that I assumed would be similar in the ceph'.

Mine appears to be straight (other than some expected distortions).

Thanks.