Rocky Stoner

Beginning to recognize more of the minor details. A small portion of the eye was protruding from the surface a fresh split.

A bit of scratching under the microscope revealed my favorite so far. I call it #7.

OK, ...... I'm hooked !

Thanks again folks.

IMG_9851.JPG

IMG_9853.JPG

Very cool! :) 

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

Thank you, thank you, thank you !

I thought I might have found #8.

I first saw what looked like a brachiopod with a crinoid stem perfectly centered.

I was contemplating a caption ... Dude, I was here first.

Then I saw what looked like the the surface of another cephalon.

I started scratching it out and now do not understand what it is, or where its going.

It almost looks like a gastropod, but also looks like it may be a severely damaged trilobite.

Can you recognize it and give me an idea as to where I should continue scratching ?  or not?

Thanks again.

2.JPG

3.JPG

2 more....

4.JPG

5.JPG

1 hour ago, Rocky Stoner said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you !

I thought I might have found #8.

I first saw what looked like a brachiopod with a crinoid stem perfectly centered.

I was contemplating a caption ... Dude, I was here first.

Then I saw what looked like the the surface of another cephalon.

I started scratching it out and now do not understand what it is, or where its going.

It almost looks like a gastropod, but also looks like it may be a severely damaged trilobite.

Can you recognize it and give me an idea as to where I should continue scratching ?  or not?

Thanks again..

That looks like a cephalon next to a brach with a crinoid imprinted on it. The first cephalon a real Beauty, amazing find!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

43 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

That looks like a cephalon next to a brach with a crinoid imprinted on it. The first cephalon a real Beauty, amazing find!

Or what @piranha says:D that's particularly embarrassing because I've found one of them before:wacko:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 hour ago, piranha said:

This one is a gastropod: Platyceras sp.

IMG.jpg.49ca324addaf404633a028b2168e7e60.jpg

Most excellent, THANKS !

A new label for my collection !

Archived