ntjackson

Hi! I'm new to TFF and hunting for shark teeth as well. With that being said I can't seem to identify these teeth and any help is greatly appreciated! I think the bottom are sand tigers but I am not 100% sure. 

IMG_2399.JPG

IMG_2401.JPG

Welcome to the Forum. :)

Where were these found?

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

The top could be a bull shark, however, I am no expert. The bottom could be mako, but I'm in no means an expert

• I found this Informative 1

I'm no expert, but I have had a little experience in finding shark teeth. The very top one looks a bit like a Lemon tooth (yes that is also the name of a shark not just a food XD) The one in the bottom picture to the left looks like a Mako Shark tooth. Sand Shark teeth are like Mako's, but thinner usually. The bottom one to the right looks like a Sand Shark Tooth. 

Edited by Olivia Doiron

30 minutes ago, Olivia Doiron said:

I'm no expert, but I have had a little experience in finding shark teeth. The very top one looks a bit like a Lemon tooth (yes that is also the name of a shark not just a food XD) The one in the bottom picture to the left looks like a Mako Shark tooth. Sand Shark teeth are like Mako's, but thinner usually. The bottom one to the right looks like a Sand Shark Tooth, yet It could also be Mako. With your observation that they might be Sand Tiger teeth, I think that could certainly be an option, yet Sand Tiger teeth are usually curved a little more at the ends of the tooth. If you want more concrete feedback, there are some videos on youtube of people hunting for shark teeth at Myrtle and identifying them, if you might want to check out those.

Edited by Olivia Doiron

I'm no type 100% sure how to reply to each of you but thanks to all! It is greatly appreciated!

5 minutes ago, ntjackson said:

I'm no type 100% sure how to reply to each of you but thanks to all! It is greatly appreciated!

Just go out and find some more fossils and post pictures here!

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.