gwbh

I found this tooth in June 2017 diving in a GA river. its is right at 5.0" and one of the nicest I have found!

596b8b7322b2c_FullSizeRender(2).thumb.jpg.169ed2ccb53b6419c1b31afa3c758b79.jpg596b8b7aec8b4_FullSizeRender(3).thumb.jpg.240bf83d2675ca40482620e170372ac9.jpg

Pretty meg, great job!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Thank you guys, it was a blast to find. 

3 hours ago, Calvin Jenkins said:

Nice!  What else do you find?

we find lots of different Miocene stuff, from marine to terrestrial mammal stuff. 

Some people go their entire life looking for Megs and don't find them this good. The serrations are present, there are no dings, the color is beautiful, and the root intact. This is a very good tooth. Congratulations!

• I found this Informative 1

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

6 minutes ago, Fossil-Hound said:

Some people go their entire life looking for Megs and don't find them this good. The serrations are present, there are no dings, the color is beautiful, and the root intact. This is a very good tooth. Congratulations!

I second that!

Deserves a proud place in your display cabinet.

:faint:

47 minutes ago, Fossil-Hound said:

39 minutes ago, Doctor Mud said:

I second that!

Deserves a proud place in your display cabinet.

:faint:

Ty. It is one of the center pieces of my collection for sure. I started looking for sharks teeth around 6 years ago with the goal of finding a nice meg like this one day. 

What a bueat, congrats for sure:fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

9 hours ago, gwbh said:

I found this tooth in June 2017 diving in a GA river. its is right at 5.0" and one of the nicest I have found!

596b8b7322b2c_FullSizeRender(2).thumb.jpg.169ed2ccb53b6419c1b31afa3c758b79.jpg596b8b7aec8b4_FullSizeRender(3).thumb.jpg.240bf83d2675ca40482620e170372ac9.jpg

Love the Burlette and lightning strikes! What a killer!:meg:

Which river was this from? I simply must visit as I live in GA myself!

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

On 7/16/2017 at 11:58 AM, gwbh said:

Holey Moley ... that guy is beautiful !  I don't think I'd have the nerve to dive black water, it can be wicked dangerous. Congratulations on the find and good luck.

Cheers,

Brett

21 hours ago, MeargleSchmeargl said:

Love the Burlette and lightning strikes! What a killer!:meg:

Which river was this from? I simply must visit as I live in GA myself!

18 hours ago, CBOB said:

Spectacular find!  Sweet tooth!  

5 hours ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

Holey Moley ... that guy is beautiful !  I don't think I'd have the nerve to dive black water, it can be wicked dangerous. Congratulations on the find and good luck.

Cheers,

Brett

Ty! It is such a cool feeling knowing you're picking up a tooth of a giant prehistoric apex predator, where it was dropped millions of years ago. (more or less) ;)

Wow! What a great tooth! Wish I could dive that spot! 

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

1 minute ago, mrieder79 said:

Wow! What a great tooth! Wish I could dive that spot! 

you could if you happened to have the gps coordinates, and didn't erase said coordinates by accident. 

3 hours ago, gwbh said:

you could if you happened to have the gps coordinates, and didn't erase said coordinates by accident. 

Woah ... that's spooky fate sorta stuff.... you were destined to have that tooth.  Fate .. she is fickle. 

haha..

Cheers,

B

14 hours ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

Woah ... that's spooky fate sorta stuff.... you were destined to have that tooth.  Fate .. she is fickle. 

haha..

Cheers,

B

lol

That sure is a beauty!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

On 7/16/2017 at 5:27 PM, gwbh said:

Ty. It is one of the center pieces of my collection for sure. I started looking for sharks teeth around 6 years ago with the goal of finding a nice meg like this one day. 

Guess you can quit now, right??

Great tooth!

On 7/17/2017 at 7:00 PM, gwbh said:

haha.  Well played. 

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.