I need help with this one from the North Sulphur River

shel67

I found this 1 1/2 inch piece in the North Sulphur River bottom (Ladonia, Texas) over the weekend. It has a layer of shiny yellowish brown in the center, and a thinner layer of the same material across the top. Somewhat porous. Any ideas? 

IMG_3444.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

It looks like silicified petrified wood to me. Maybe someone with more experience than I in this Texas material will chime in.

It is a very nice piece of palm with the classic Texas yellow color that cuts some beautiful cabochons.

6 hours ago, PaleoRon said:

It is a very nice piece of palm with the classic Texas yellow color that cuts some beautiful cabochons.

Thank you so much! I hope to find more of these in my future digs. You've been a big help! ;) 

19 minutes ago, shel67 said:

Thank you so much! I hope to find more of these in my future digs. You've been a big help! ;) 

I agree with Ron. 

• 1 month later...

Im agree with ron too it looks like it was a oasis in there its a part of a palm and the last topic too that you publish @shel67 it looks like a part of palm wood.

King regards 

Salomon

Just see the post, I agree, it's Palmoxylon . :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Archived