dinodigger

varanosaurus and friends

11 posts in this topic

how adorable are these femora?! The longer of the two is a varanosaur and the other is a bit of a mystery. I suspect its a baby Secodontosaurus with the short shaft and immature ossification. Age is lower Permian. 

20170628_085958.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are beauties, nice finds!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet!!

Thanks for posting them, Chris. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! these are beautifull!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely bones! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that reddish coloration!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice additions to the mountain of finds You have been showing.

 

How is the big dimetron coming along?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ynot said:

Nice additions to the mountain of finds You have been showing.

 

How is the big dimetron coming along?

OMG!! Bonnie the Dimetrodon is going to be one of the most complete on record. its terrifyingly close to the completeness of the 1910 smithsonian ddon found from the same quarry. Take a peak at our whiteside museum facebook page. theres a good news video on it. shows the skeleton nicely. 

3 people finds this informative

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dinodigger said:

OMG!! Bonnie the Dimetrodon is going to be one of the most complete on record. its terrifyingly close to the completeness of the 1910 smithsonian ddon found from the same quarry. Take a peak at our whiteside museum facebook page. theres a good news video on it. shows the skeleton nicely. 

Sounds neat! Thanks for the update.

 

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/7/2017 at 11:14 AM, dinodigger said:

how adorable are these femora?! The longer of the two is a varanosaur and the other is a bit of a mystery. I suspect its a baby Secodontosaurus with the short shaft and immature ossification. Age is lower Permian. 

20170628_085958.jpg

 

Very nice!! Congrats!! Are there in Texas nice places for fossile hunting? Hugg from Argentina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2017 at 1:57 PM, dinodigger said:

Take a peak at our whiteside museum facebook page. theres a good news video on it. shows the skeleton nicely. 

Went to the facebook page but could not find the appropriate video.:headscratch:

Please sir, would You post it here?:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.