dinodigger

how adorable are these femora?! The longer of the two is a varanosaur and the other is a bit of a mystery. I suspect its a baby Secodontosaurus with the short shaft and immature ossification. Age is lower Permian. 

20170628_085958.jpg

Those are beauties, nice finds!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Sweet!!

Thanks for posting them, Chris. :)

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

46 minutes ago, ynot said:

Nice additions to the mountain of finds You have been showing.

How is the big dimetron coming along?

OMG!! Bonnie the Dimetrodon is going to be one of the most complete on record. its terrifyingly close to the completeness of the 1910 smithsonian ddon found from the same quarry. Take a peak at our whiteside museum facebook page. theres a good news video on it. shows the skeleton nicely. 

• I found this Informative 3

2 hours ago, dinodigger said:

OMG!! Bonnie the Dimetrodon is going to be one of the most complete on record. its terrifyingly close to the completeness of the 1910 smithsonian ddon found from the same quarry. Take a peak at our whiteside museum facebook page. theres a good news video on it. shows the skeleton nicely. 

Sounds neat! Thanks for the update.

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

On 17/7/2017 at 11:14 AM, dinodigger said:

how adorable are these femora?! The longer of the two is a varanosaur and the other is a bit of a mystery. I suspect its a baby Secodontosaurus with the short shaft and immature ossification. Age is lower Permian. 

20170628_085958.jpg

Very nice!! Congrats!! Are there in Texas nice places for fossile hunting? Hugg from Argentina

On 7/17/2017 at 1:57 PM, dinodigger said:

Take a peak at our whiteside museum facebook page. theres a good news video on it. shows the skeleton nicely. 

Went to the facebook page but could not find the appropriate video.:headscratch:

Please sir, would You post it here?:D

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

• 2 weeks later...