Hello there paleontologists, fossil enthusiast, and everything in between.

If you couldn't tell this is the first content I've ever made on the fossil forum so please excuse errors and, or inexperience I apologize in advance.

Here is my collection of display fossils as well as modern bones keep in mind this is purely what I have on display I keep the vast majority of fossils I posses in storage with lots of support such as bubble rap and various other materials to ensure complete security of precious peeks into our planet's history.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask as you please. These are all authentic fossils 2 have been directly seen by a professional (Ursus sp. & Unidentified Dinosaur Cretaceous Rib)

The Dactylioceras sp. is very clearly a real specimen however there was no authority on it's authenticity the two Hadrosaur fragments are authentic as well one purchased with it's card of authenticity by D.J Parsons and the other was purchased from the very same hunter whom discovered the Cretaceous rib section.

(Note: individual specimen content will be released in time)

20170717_145637.jpg

20170717_145622.jpg

rydysig.JPG

Welcome to the forum from Central Maryland! Sounds like our collections already got some neat stuff!

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Welcome to the forum. Nice collection you've got there!

Your Dactylioceras commune is from the Posidonia Shale

Holzmaden, Germany. 

Personally I take certificates of authenticity with a pinch of salt. 

• I found this Informative 2

Certificates of authenticity make me roll my eyes.  I can print one up and include it with a piece of chewing gum to make the gum into a dinosaur bone.   But from what i can see, i can tell you that the rib chunk certainly looks like a dino rib chunk from out here.

On 7/17/2017 at 4:23 PM, jpc said:

Certificates of authenticity make me roll my eyes.  I can print one up and include it with a piece of chewing gum to make the gum into a dinosaur bone.   But from what i can see, i can tell you that the rib chunk certainly looks like a dino rib chunk from out here.

The rib tag was printed I apologize for not stating that earlier as I said I'm a new comer to the community. The man I purchased the dinosaur rib from is not a scam artists he has thousands of positive reviews and sells hundreds of hell creek fossils none of which beside flora are remotely similar to each other if someone were to fake a fossil you would generally see multiple subjects of the same fossil I took this bone to one of the shop keepers at the museum of dinosaurs and ancient cultures of which until recently was just a shop finally got the revenue to open a museum I first visited this shop as long as I can remember it is one of the few local stores to my area. 

V Rib Surface Below   (EDIT: I apologize for cruel words I mistakenly read the comment)

S20170717_0002.jpg

rydysig.JPG

34 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

Welcome to the forum. Nice collection you've got there!

Your Dactylioceras commune is from the Posidonia Shale

Holzmaden, Germany. 

Personally I take certificates of authenticity with a pinch of salt. 

I understand completely it's different when someone tells you it in person. Thank you for informing me about the Ammonite much appreciated!

1 hour ago, WhodamanHD said:

Welcome to the forum from Central Maryland! Sounds like our collections already got some neat stuff!

Thank you ^^ I might show some of my other valuable fossils in the near future.

rydysig.JPG

Ryan, he is not saying your pieces are fakes, only that a "certificate of authenticity" really means nothing in reality.   Anyone can print one up on a computer and make just about anything seem like the genuine article (hence the chewing gum comment).  Everything you have shown us looks to be the "real McCoy" and no one is doubting their authenticity.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I wasn't doubting the authenticity of the bone, or the good standing of any deaier, just the usefulness of pieces of paper saying this is real.

50 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Ryan, he is not saying your pieces are fakes, only that a "certificate of authenticity" really means nothing in reality.   Anyone can print one up on a computer and make just about anything seem like the genuine article (hence the chewing gum comment).  Everything you have shown us looks to be the "real McCoy" and no one is doubting their authenticity.

I understand.

rydysig.JPG

Hi and welcome from Germany. I can verify the authenticity of your Dactylioceras since it obviously hails from one of the renowned sites in the Holzmaden area near Stuttgart.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

2 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Hi and welcome from Germany. I can verify the authenticity of your Dactylioceras since it obviously hails from one of the renowned sites in the Holzmaden area near Stuttgart.

I'm glad you've found it's species and authenticity although I purchased this from the Canadian Rocky Mt. Range it supposedly was from Madagascar thank you for clearing it up

4 hours ago, jpc said:

I wasn't doubting the authenticity of the bone, or the good standing of any deaier, just the usefulness of pieces of paper saying this is real.

Sorry for the miscommunication thank you for affirming my doubts the sincerest of apologies. :dinosmile: 

rydysig.JPG

16 hours ago, Ryan Dye said:

I'm glad you've found it's species and authenticity although I purchased this from the Canadian Rocky Mt. Range it supposedly was from Madagascar thank you for clearing it up

Sorry for the miscommunication thank you for affirming my doubts the sincerest of apologies. :dinosmile: 

That just goes to show what some sellers don't know about their products.

1 minute ago, Ludwigia said:

That just goes to show what some sellers don't know about their products.

That's not necessarily a bad thing all the time. :ptero:

rydysig.JPG

6 minutes ago, Ryan Dye said:

That's not necessarily a bad thing all the time. :ptero:

True. Sometimes you can get a good deal that way.