Fossil found at Filey Beach UK.

Guy Macdonald

Hi guys. Recently found around 10 fossils at Filey Beach in the UK. Most are easily recognisable. This one has intrigued me though, I believe I can see a small ammonite or something on the front, but the objects around it interest me, there is also part of an ammonite on the back also, can anyone identify the objects around the front ammonite as anything, maybe a tooth or something? or is it just nothing, thanks. Hope the picture quality is alright.

fossil.png

Welcome to the Forum.:)

These look like belemnites.

Regards,

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Belemnite cross sections and an Ammonite imprint. Not clear enough to work out the species.

Nice find!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Right off the bat even a amateur in identification like my self I could see you have a very nice fossil especially for finding on the beach very, very cool!

rydysig.JPG

Thanks a lot guys. I went along the coast wall turning up random rocks and I noticed this immediately and screamed for my mum haha.  Gonna put more fossils up now that I found there if you can have a look.  Thanks friends.

7 hours ago, Ryan Dye said:

Right off the bat even a amateur in identification like my self I could see you have a very nice fossil especially for finding on the beach very, very cool!

That's brilliant caught my eye straight away was overjoyed to find this aha