More fossils from filey beach

Guy Macdonald

Hi guys sorry to be a pain I'm completely knew to the fossil scene, can only upload 2 photos of a time hope you enjoy the fossils I found at filey beach any identification is appreciated.

fossil 7.png

fossil_4.png

Looks like a brachiopod and a Gastropod (snail), the Gastropod is  cut in half in a pretty fashion.

1 minute ago, Kane said:

Where is this beach? 

Internet says: Yorkshire, near the town of filey

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

12 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Looks like a brachiopod and a Gastropod (snail), the Gastropod is  cut in half in a pretty fashion.

Internet says: Yorkshire, near the town of filey

This was a gentle request for new members to provide full information in their posts or tags so as not to be complicit with assumptions. We cannot necessarily infer from a member's location as they may collect elsewhere.

And the word "gastropod" does not require capitalization.

• I found this Informative 4

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

These were absolutely collected at Filey Beach, UK. Along the base of the coast wall, each were overturned, inspected and if I could identify one as a fossil or suspect one then I'd take a good look. Sorry for the lack of info other than location I'm trying to learn stuff.

19 minutes ago, Kane said:

Where is this beach? 

This is along the same coast as the famed Whitby beach for it's fossils. Filey still has good fossils though many large ammonites have been found there and even large plesiosaur remains.

Not a problem, and welcome to the forum. :)

The more information you provide, the more we can help. :)

Your location sounds like it has tremendous promise. I hope you plan to continue collecting from here!

• I found this Informative 1

5 minutes ago, Kane said:

Not a problem, and welcome to the forum. :)

The more information you provide, the more we can help. :)

Your location sounds like it has tremendous promise. I hope you plan to continue collecting from here!

It does indeed and because Whitby isn't far away Filey really isn't that busy. I have yet to explore the biggest coastal cliffs yet the next time I go, good luck hunting:)

2 hours ago, Guy Macdonald said:

, can only upload 2 photos of a time h

There is a 3.9 megabyte limit per post. You can add more pictures in a reply on the thread.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

19 minutes ago, ynot said:

There is a 3.9 megabyte limit per post. You can add more pictures in a reply on the thread.

oh didn't realise thanks just ended up posting them on new discussions

And if the reply function does not permit more photos, simply refresh the page. :)