Trip to Utah and Arizona

Navajo

Hello, Im traveling from Argentina to photograph the national parks in Utah and tge Grand Canyon and petrified national park. Can someone tell me where I can find some fossiles( obviosly out of nat parks), or soneone who can guide us to fossile sites? Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Navajo said:

photograph the national parks i...... petrified national park.

Northwest of The petrified forest is a town called Joseph city there is an exposure of the Chinle formation, just north of there. where You can collect petrified wood. 

I suggest You get the "rockhounding Arizona" guide.

If the U-dig fossils site in the House range (Delta, Utah) is closed You can dig in the area downhill from it. This is an open area for rockhounds.

The "rockhounding Utah" guide is good for this state as well.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

You should probably mention approximately when you will traveling.  Access to many sites is seasonal, as snow can be an issue as early as October.

Don

12 hours ago, FossilDAWG said:

You should probably mention approximately when you will traveling.  Access to many sites is seasonal, as snow can be an issue as early as October.

Don

Will be traveling in november

Unfortunate.  U-Dig and the fish quarries around Kemmerer will be closed and likely snowed in.

Don

5 hours ago, Troodon said:

Here is some information on arizona but like it's been mentioned the Colorado Plateau where you will be is very seasonal and snow can be present from October to May

http://www.t-rat.com/Pages/WhereToFindFossils.html

Thank you very much!!

2 minutes ago, FossilDAWG said:

Unfortunate.  U-Dig and the fish quarries around Kemmerer will be closed and likely snowed in.

Don

So sorry to hear that

15 minutes ago, Navajo said:

Thank you!! Goid info

Where in Utah and Arizona may I findsome fossile store?

Have not seen a fossil store in northern AZ not to say one may exist.

8 minutes ago, Navajo said:

Where can I find a fossil store in the USA? Miami? I have an apartment there

I have not seen a "fossil store" in America.

Try to google "rock shop" and the state You are interested in. Most rock shops will have some fossils, but no guarantee that they will be local to that area.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

One of the biggest stores was recently opened in Branson Missouri by an online dealer who did shows but decided to opt to a store versus shows. He still has his online store.  Checkout his Facebook page "Prehistoric Fossils"  The shop has material from advanced fossil collectors to kids.

• I found this Informative 1

23 hours ago, ynot said:

I have not seen a "fossil store" in America.

Try to google "rock shop" and the state You are interested in. Most rock shops will have some fossils, but no guarantee that they will be local to that area.

Thanks!!

22 hours ago, Troodon said:

One of the biggest stores was recently opened in Branson Missouri by an online dealer who did shows but decided to opt to a store versus shows. He still has his online store.  Checkout his Facebook page "Prehistoric Fossils"  The shop has material from advanced fossil collectors to kids.

Thank you!!