Galveston, TX - July 4, 2017

MikeD

So...... I haven't been on here too much lately. Too many thing going on these days (aarrrrggghhh!), but.... I did unexpectedly wind up in Galveston on the 4th of July evening to see the fireworks from the beach. As my toes hit the water's edge, the thought of shark teeth popped into my head. I didn't really expect to find any at our location, but within the first few steps.... BAM!  there was a tooth (the one on the right). The hunt was on. As the sunlight waned, I was able to find three more. I don't know how I even saw the tiny one as I didn't have my glasses on. Not too impressive, but enjoyable none the less and..... it qualifies as fossil hunting. Last night, someone showed me a huge great white tooth from across the bay. Got to get back down there.....

Anyway, here is what I found.

20170705_083538a.thumb.jpg.f589cf452b55917ce7edd4fdf6128aa9.jpg

Nice finds. I'm heading to Crystal Beach in a couple of weeks and hope to find a few. I've only found shark teeth in the rivers & creeks in Texas so it would be nice to find some on the beach. 

Nice finds, Mike.  Try it again at night with a flashlight and they'll jump out at old guys like us.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Cute little nibblers! :meg:

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Archived