Is this real?

Jurassicdquad

Welcome to the forum.

As per forum rules, members are not permitted to post eBay links or name sellers. The temporary nature of the links does not lend itself to long term archiving of content. Also, it is best to avoid naming sellers for legal reasons. ;)

You can, however, post an image of the specimen for our members to help them discern authenticity as much as can be possible from an image.

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Welcome to the Forum. :)

It looks like a  Moroccan Spinosaur tooth. Not sure if it is a poor repair, or a poor composite piece, but it is real.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

That'a a Spinosaurid tooth from Morocco. I advise you skip it as their teeth are common, and you can easily get a specimen of better quality.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

For a better opinion I need a better quality photo. But for this photo, I can say that it is probably real, since in the tooth enamel, the groove is continuous even after the break. But I agree with Andy. There are thousands of Spinosaur teeth, and you will surely find a better preserved than this one, and at a good price.

Prova.PNG

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

It is a spinosaurid tooth, and is for the most part genuine although the repair job isn't the best... Like everyone else said there are thousands of these teeth out there!

Like everyone said, this is probably real, as spinosaur teeth are turning out to be quite common these days. I still remember back when they were quite rare and a small piece was worth fifty bucks.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png