Authentic Spino Tooth?

I purchased this Spinosaurus Moroccanus tooth off eBay and I wanted to see if it is authentic. Here are the measurements:

Length: 1.50"

Width:   0.33"

Depth:  0.33"

Here are my questions. First, is this tooth authentic? Secondly, given the size, is it a baby dino tooth? What's with the colorful blotches on the top middle of the tooth? Does this bone have any roots on it or is the whole bone the tooth? Sorry, I don't know much about dino teeth and I hope some of you can help me. Thanks for your time....I really appreciate it =)

Spino1.thumb.jpg.a3bdf15924ba68c52fa2ee2f2d649120.jpgSpino2.thumb.jpg.5860e601138da7acb221e4e10d6bdd23.jpg

It looks like a real tooth.  Might have a portion of root attached but it's hard to tell with the wire wrap.  It's not from a baby Spinosaurid.  Cannot tell which blotches you're asking about.  The teeth are pretty fragile if it has not been hardened so be careful

• I found this Informative 1

Blotches are patches of areas with different minerals (fossils are bones replaced by minerals). They are not a problem, in fact most think it adds character to the fossil. As to it authenticity, looks real to me.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Yeah the tooth looks authentic. Fairly nice piece too.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite