NW Ohio Devonian hunt

Rob_P

Found a nice little spot nearby, I only spent a couple hours and if it's not too hot I'll be heading back tomorrow! 

IMG_1336.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG

Very cool, someone like me who lives on the east coast of Florida can really appreciate this kind of field work.

rydysig.JPG

A nice representative assortment. The weathered out brachs might clean up quite nicely. It looks like your chance of finding a complete Eldredgeops rana roller are fairly good. :) 

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Cool finds.

Seems you have a great spot to hunt nearby.  :)

Awesome!

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Is this site perchance one of the old spoil pile sites from the Silica quarries?  Whatever the case, it seems you have a great spot to hunt.

Don

Wow.  Those Paraspirifer bownockeri are great.  Last time I saw that many nice ones is back when one could occasionally get permission to hunt the quarry spoil piles in Sylvania.

thanks guys, I'm very excited about this spot and only 20 minutes away! 

3 hours ago, FossilDAWG said:

Is this site perchance one of the old spoil pile sites from the Silica quarries?  Whatever the case, it seems you have a great spot to hunt.

Don

Let's just say I have a friend that has a key for the north haha. 

It's good to have friends!

[Mister Rodger's voice]Will you be my friend?[\Mister Rodger's voice]

Don

7 minutes ago, FossilDAWG said:

It's good to have friends!

[Mister Rodger's voice]Will you be my friend?[\Mister Rodger's voice]

Don

If you're ever in town, shoot me a message!

Excellent report! I really liked all you had to show!

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Thanks! Unfortunately didn't do so well at the paulding site today but I'm headed back to sylvania in the morning. Need to find me some trilo's

Congratulations. Quite the haul there. I love the spirifer brachiopods you found and I see at least one, maybe two Pseudotrypas there. Judging by the number of trilobite cephalons I'm guessing some complete ones are present. Thanks for sharing.

9 hours ago, Rob_P said:

Thanks! Unfortunately didn't do so well at the paulding site today but I'm headed back to sylvania in the morning. Need to find me some trilo's

If you have permission to hunt the spoil piles at Sylvania, don't waste anymore time at Paulding.  That's child's play in comparison to Centennial Rd... :envy:

Headed back to sylvania today but the sun and heat was too much to stay. I ended up finding several trilo heads but no rollers unfortunately.