Identification

Navajo

I'm far from qualified p, but Prognathadon sp. is an idea. Some one who is good at this kind of thing is @LordTrilobite

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

A typical Moroccano Mosasaur tooth. I agree with WhodamanHD, it looks like it could be Prognathodon sp. as it has quite a fat shape. Though there seem to be some facetting on the enamel which many Prognathodon species don't have.

Loose mosasaur teeth are notoriously hard to identify on their own.

• I found this Informative 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

It is a faceted tooth, so I think it could be from M. beaugei.

597297f4ab767_M.beaugei.jpg.9719dd51aada48ac8c7996552e047d9b.jpg

excerpt from H. P. Street. 2016. A re-assessment of the genus Mosasaurus (Squamata: Mosasauridae). A thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Systematics and Evolution.

For a better convenience can be used this link.

• I found this Informative 2

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

4 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

A typical Moroccano Mosasaur tooth. I agree with WhodamanHD, it looks like it could be Prognathodon sp. as it has quite a fat shape. Though there seem to be some facetting on the enamel which many Prognathodon species don't have.

Loose mosasaur teeth are notoriously hard to identify on their own.

Yes it is faceted

3 hours ago, abyssunder said:

It is a faceted tooth, so I think it could be from M. beaugei.

597297f4ab767_M.beaugei.jpg.9719dd51aada48ac8c7996552e047d9b.jpg

excerpt from H. P. Street. 2016. A re-assessment of the genus Mosasaurus (Squamata: Mosasauridae). A thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Systematics and Evolution.

For a better convenience can be used this link.

Thank you!!