Fossil hunting in U.S.A.

Navajo

Hello, we are having a difficult time getting to know a quarry we can go for fossil hunting in October. We are from Argentina and will be on vacation to the states.

can soneone help us find some? Thank you

Where in the United States will you be? 

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

The US has many great fossil quarries, penn Dixie, u-dig, the fossil lake, the montour pit, just to name a few, as @Fossildude19 said, your location while be key to finding a place to hunt.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 hour ago, Fossildude19 said:

We will be in Utah but we can go wherever its the best places to look for fossiles

14 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

The US has many great fossil quarries, penn Dixie, u-dig, the fossil lake, the montour pit, just to name a few, as @Fossildude19 said, your location while be key to finding a place to hunt.

We will be in Utah but we can go to another places if it is best fir fossile hunting. We are on vacation so we have lots of free tine to go to another state if its neccesary.

can you tell me more and which quarries are open in october. Thanks

Sharktooth Hill (Ernst Quarries) in Bakersfield California is good for miocene aged shark and marine vert. fossils.

U-dig fossils in /near Delta Utah is good for cambrian trilobites, but I do not know if they are open that time of Year.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

2 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

Utah but we can travel to another state 

44 minutes ago, ynot said:

Sharktooth Hill (Ernst Quarries) in Bakersfield California is good for miocene aged shark and marine vert. fossils.

U-dig fossils in /near Delta Utah is good for cambrian trilobites, but I do not know if they are open that time of Year.

Thank you, its a start I will google it

2 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

Utah but we can travel to another state

U dig will be open, as well as penn Dixie,the montour pit, and Calvert cliffs. The last three a very long way from Utah, but u dig is in Utah.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I just went to Utah and if you are in Northern Utah you can visit U-Dig in central Utah for Cambrian trilobites and Southern Wyoming (Kemmerer) for fossil fish. PM Forum member Seth about Kemmerer fossil fish. Good luck.

October can be iffy if the weather gets cold?  Keep an eye on what the weather may be in Utah and Wyoming?  

RB

Archived