Max-fossils

Hi everyone!

I'm working on a big website (which will be called World of Fossils ), which hopefully will be released before 2018. I'll let everyone know when it is ready.

Anyways, one of the main parts of the website is the Locations part. In it, I made a few pages with lots of information about fossil hunting locations I went to. There are also pictures of the location itself, and pictures of the possible finds. Of course though, I never find all of the possible finds, mostly because they are locations where I go during my holidays, and therefore only hunt for a few hours. Which leaves me with blanks... Therefore I'm requesting help from my fellow TFF members for pictures! I want pictures of cool fossil finds YOU made at the following locations:

• Lyme Regis, UK
  • Isle of Wight, UK
  • Vaches Noires, France
  • Nolay, France
  • Algarve coasts, Portugal
  • Cape Town beaches, South Africa
  • Zandmotor, NL

If you made any cool fossil finds at one of those locations, I would be more than glad if you send them to me! Note that they will be publically published on my website. Obviously, I will give you credit on the picture (meaning I would need your name for it), and your name will also appear in the Special Thanks section of the website. 

You can send them to me via the TFF messenger (so send me a PM), or via email: max.dereme @ gmail.com . Please make sure that the pictures are of high quality (no blurry ones please), and if there is a size indication on them, that would be good too. The pictures have to be of fossils you found YOURSELF (or found by a family member/close friend).

Oh, if you have nice looking pictures of the location, you can send that too.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Max

(PS to mods: I'm not sure if this is in the right thread, if it isn't feel free to move it)

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

8 minutes ago, Foozil said:

Good luck with the website. I sadly haven't been to any of these sites, so I can't help you :( But, @Paleoworld-101 may be able to help with the first two?

Thanks for tagging him. I know John @JohnBrewer also lives in the UK; maybe he hunted there once or twice.

I can imagine though that for an Australian, it's hard to hunt in Europe :P Same as I would have difficulty going to Australia! (though it is ranked high in my yet-to-go holidays)

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

Just now, Max-fossils said:

Thanks for tagging him. I know John @JohnBrewer also lives in the UK; maybe he hunted there once or twice.

I can imagine though that for an Australian, it's hard to hunt in Europe :P Same as I would have difficulty going to Australia! (though it is ranked high in my yet-to-go holidays)

Well when you do, I'd be happy to show you around :)

And yeah, Europe is on my to-do list too, but its a bit hard for a 12 year old to get there :P

Just now, Foozil said:

Well when you do, I'd be happy to show you around :)

And yeah, Europe is on my to-do list too, but its a bit hard for a 12 year old to get there :P

Haha, indeed! 

You'll see, when I will come to Australia, I'll unearth a complete Zygomaturus :P

Max Derème

Sounds interesting! I can certainly provide pics of my finds from Lyme Regis and the Isle of Wight. I've put a few here but let me know if you would like more :) 

From Lyme Regis...

Three articulated Ichthyosaurus vertebrae from the beach between Lyme Regis and Charmouth. The first photo is how it was found, before i picked them up.

59773020c87d0_ichthypic1.jpg.48e15eb007d75e1a5e6f7e36f883dd83.jpg

597730e28345c_ichthypic3.jpg.0c4ca49b8f768ca12027331db47778a6.jpg

More Ichthyosaur vertebrae!

5977317e288f0_Ichthyverts2013.thumb.jpg.c7e8b4e881c5ad061f893bfc3b215662.jpg

Large fragment of Ichthyosaur jawbone. 

597735e45e51e_Ichthyjaw.jpg.2d63bca8b368223de53bdc7205faff4c.jpg

Pyritised ammonites. 

597731fa07af4_Pyriteammonites.thumb.jpg.a10b3781a32f4d6332efe5eab3348799.jpg

Now for some Isle of Wight stuff!

A selection of bones from Bouldnor Beach, about 32 million years old. Not as well known as the dinosaur stuff on the island but just as cool! This lot has crocodilian jaw sections and vertebrae from Diplocynodon, a proximal phalanx and cuboid bone from an Anthracotherid mammal, the end of a mammal limb bone, small fish vertebra and other unidentified fragments.  

597733d10afdf_Bouldnorbones2013.thumb.jpg.33b48e8e6451dfb805f7f6c87f12f068.jpg

Anthracotherid mammal jaw from Bouldnor Beach. Probably from Bothriodon

5977345b6f46f_Bouldnorjaw.jpg.e2cc6e5ef752d80443356143cd55d9fa.jpg

Crocodilian tooth from Diplocynodon, again from Bouldnor Beach. 

59773499ed27f_Croctooth.jpg.3f61a2e769d37d33d979c51ecc5ad3a4.jpg

Rolled dinosaur bones from Brook Bay, most likely Iguanodon. 125-130 million years old. 

59773535b3601_Dinobones.jpg.84e612aee1fb86f017667031a076a4d1.jpg

Small fragment of dinosaur jaw, also from Brook Bay. 

59773682e9fee_Dinojaw.thumb.jpg.e09aef92610649f27718a57ee3a10f78.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

Max,

I is really disadvised to give our clickable email to a public place as TFF because all the spammers are going to collect it and you are going to be rather fast invaded by unwanted messages ! You have to publish your text and put a free space before and after "@" ;) We mustn't be able to click on your email to open a window !

Coco

• I found this Informative 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Would you prefer if i sent the files to your email?

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

40 minutes ago, Coco said:

Max,

I is really disadvised to give our clickable email to a public place as TFF because all the spammers are going to collect it and you are going to be rather fast invaded by unwanted messages ! You have to publish your text and put a free space before and after "@" ;) We mustn't be able to click on your email to open a window !

Coco

Merci Coco de me signaler le danger :dinothumb:

40 minutes ago, Paleoworld-101 said:

Would you prefer if i sent the files to your email?

Thanks for the amazing pictures! I would indeed prefer if you sent me the pictures by email, it seems like there is a quality loss when I download them from TFF...

Max Derème

Hi Max

I miss Holzmaden on your list :D:D

Good luck with your website !

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

14 minutes ago, belemniten said:

Hi Max

I miss Holzmaden on your list :D:D

Good luck with your website !

Thanks Sebastian!

Holzmaden, like many other awesome locations around the world, is missing from the list... But that's because I've never been there, and those locations are only of fossil locations I went personally. If I do ever go to Holzmaden (which I hopefully will), I will obviously add it to the list!

Max

Max Derème

1 minute ago, Spinosaurus said:

i will make some pics of my Zandmotor finds

Thanks a lot! :)

Oh btw, I already have enough fossil seashell pictures from that location; only more cool bone remains needed (or other things).

You can send the pictures to my email, that would be more convenient :dinothumb: ( max.dereme @ gmail.com )

Max

Max Derème

1 minute ago, Max-fossils said:

Thanks a lot! :)

Oh btw, I already have enough fossil seashell pictures from that location; only more cool bone remains needed (or other things).

You can send the pictures to my email, that would be more convenient :dinothumb: ( max.dereme @ gmail.com )

i dont find a lot of shells, just peaces of bone and one very cool tooth

2 minutes ago, Spinosaurus said:

i dont find a lot of shells, just peaces of bone and one very cool tooth

Ok, can't wait for pictures :)

Max Derème

im sorry for not posting the pics, my phone went down and i dont have a (working) camera, so i dont have pics......

1 hour ago, Spinosaurus said:

im sorry for not posting the pics, my phone went down and i dont have a (working) camera, so i dont have pics......

No problem, once you can just send me the pics by email. Geen haast hoor!

Max Derème

On 27-7-2017 at 3:38 PM, Max-fossils said:

No problem, once you can just send me the pics by email. Geen haast hoor!

I finaly have some pictures!

The first one is a Mammoth vertebra.

1501518593696571190611.jpg

25 minutes ago, Spinosaurus said:

I finaly have some pictures!

The first one is a Mammoth vertebra.

1501518593696571190611.jpg

Beauty!!! Great find :dinothumb:

Can you send them to me via email? If I download them from TFF there is a quality loss... 

Thanks!

(btw, if you don't want to share your email with me, you can just easily make a new email account) 

Max Derème